PDA

View Full Version : Picture posting test

Nevada Dan
01-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Just testing to see if the fourum supports picture posting.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Nevada_Dan/14%20camp%203.jpg

A new Kifaru tipi made its debut in our hunting camp this year. Northeastern Nevada.

Nevada Dan
01-11-2003, 01:58 PM
It works /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif !!!!

Thanks, Maggie for all your work keeping these forums up and running!

Does anyone else have pictures to share of their hunting territory(s)?

-Dan

Dean
01-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Sure here is a shot of my goat....82 4/8 B&C http://www.bowsite.com/bstrophy/details.cfm?trophyid=1514

Dean
01-11-2003, 07:31 PM
oh well ...how did you do that Nevada?

sw
01-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Nevada Dan, did you burn your stove in that country or was it to hot and dry?

While your at it give us all a bed time hunting story from that trip!!

Cheers, SW

Nevada Dan
01-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Dean, You did it right, I posted the picture just like you did, except I used the string from right clicking on the picture "http://www.bowsite.com/_cache/1dd142bb170dbc6a481de141dfb5c4a0.jpg"

Great looking horns!

Dean's Antelope:

http://www.bowsite.com/_cache/1dd142bb170dbc6a481de141dfb5c4a0.jpg

Nevada Dan
01-12-2003, 12:42 AM
SW, I wish it was my Tipi! Two friends and myself have been doing an annual back pack hunts together for quite awhile now. My fifteen year old son also went with us this year making a group of four. Gene, the owner of the Tipi, said he was just too old to do the "worm wiggle" in order to dress every morning in his old tent. Anyone who has the light weight, low profile tents knows all about this morning ritual /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif . So he bought the Tipi and stove this fall and now dresses in heated comfort. He's one happy camper. I still do the worm wiggle.

We pack in, up a main canyon, to a point where it divides into three separate branches so everyone their own hunting area. We were out seven days (eight?) this year and everyone but me filled their tag. Here’s my excuse /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I put all my energy in making sure my son got his first deer, which he did, in a high hanging basin, several miles above camp toward the latter part of the hunt. Bottom Line: I was just too worn out to hunt for myself, after packing him up to the ridge tops each day, then packing his deer back to camp and then out to the trail head a day later. It seems like I gain several pounds each year too, which doesn’t help.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Nevada_Dan/Segundo%202%20200.jpg

One of the mentioned hunting canyon in 2001. This year, 2002, was much warmer, with no snow.

Tim in Nevada
01-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Nevada Dan, Do you know how I can take a picture I received on my e-mail and post it to the forum? Any help is greatly appreciated, as I'm pretty much computer illiterate. Thanks, Tim. And by the way, congrats on your son's first deer. Have fun. Tim

sw
01-12-2003, 11:06 AM
Nevada Dan, thanks for the little story. It's always nice to fill your tag but I bet it had to feel just as good if not better to watch your son take his buck. Good job passing it on. SW

Nevada Dan
01-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Tim, I'll give it a try. Maybe someone else can simplify it. Once learned, it is relatively easy. However, based on my own experience the learning phase can be frustrating for a time. So don't give up, just keep trying. When the posts don't work as planned, we can help spot mistakes and helpwith the corrections too. Picture posting is a great tool, once learned.

A) Storing the photo: To post a picture it must first be stored on a l internet storage site. Usually your Internet Service Provider (ISP) provides this service , free (aka, your “Photo Album”). Many other sites also provide this service, two examples are ImageEvent.com ($26/yr) and Imagestation.com (free) service, however they compress the photo, so some quality is lost. (I'm still looking for a good storage site, without any compression, if anyone knows of one) Follow the company's directions to up load your pictures to their storage site (Another learning experience). Use your photo editing program to size you picture first, see “Notes” below.

B) Get the picture's URL (address or name): Once you've uploaded a picture, open it to full size (usually by double clicking on the thumb nail). Then right click on the picture and select properties. Highlight and copy its address. It should look like this without the quotes (see notes, below).

“http://photos.imageevent.com/nevadadan/misc//Katie06flash.jpg”.

Now your ready to post the picture.

C) Go to the Kifaru Hunting forums and open up a post text box just like normal. Paste the URL address in the text box and then add “” to the front and “” to the back of the address (no quotes). Use square brackets “[ ]”, not the “{ }” brackets. Don't forget the forward slash on the rear img. “Img” stands for “image” which also works. A “” is the command that tells the server you want a picture here, not a link to the picture. Don't add any extra spaces, they will kill the picture.

“[img] http://photos.imageevent.com/nevadadan/misc//Katie06flash.jpg ”

And that's it. Your done.

Notes and Clues:

1) I've encased the photo address examples in quotes (“ ...”) so you can see the actual text to type/paste. Otherwise, Maggies server would make the address string a link or a photo. So don't use any quotes.

2) Before up loading your photo, use your photo editor to size the picture. 45 KB in size and 400 to 650 pixels in with is about right. 650 is just about full width. Right click on our pictures here, and select “properties” to see our sizes.

3) Some storage sites (Hunting-pictures.com) only recognize the JPEG extension in lower case (.jpg), not .JPG. So, I always use lower case for the extension.

4) Right click on our posted pictures and select “Properties” to see examples of size and name.

OK guys, what did I forget? /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Nevada Dan
01-12-2003, 02:13 PM
Tim, Remember what I said about extra spaces causing problems? Well I had one above, and that's why the "img address" became a link. The extra space is between .jpg and [/img]". For those who try it, its a picture of my daughter fishing at Pyramid lake several days ago. Also it illustrates the loss of photo quality storage sites compress photos. Th orginal is sharp, etc.

-Dan

snowdevil
01-13-2003, 05:12 AM
testhbvnbvhgv

snowdevil
01-13-2003, 05:19 AM
Nevada Dan - I wanted to send along a belated "thank you" for your post on the last board during all this mess. I really appreciated your support, but couldn't write back because the board didn't work! Also, great job on posting the photos. It adds a whole new dimension to these message boards.
Again, thanks. Maggie.

Dean
01-13-2003, 03:31 PM
how about some fish.....and you said you want to go to the beach.... http://www.bowsite.com/bstrophy/details.cfm?trophyid=2477 lets see if this works this time.

Dean
01-13-2003, 03:32 PM
http://www.bowsite.com/bstrophy/details.cfm?trophyid=2477

Dean
01-13-2003, 03:37 PM
ok so I'm not Nevada Dan ......he he
http://www.bowsite.com/_cache/ade315e402bb86d2ce598417c15c74a8.jpg

Nevada Dan
01-13-2003, 09:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Dean:
ok so I'm not Nevada Dan ......he he
</div></div>...And I can't catch a fish like that! Not even close, I'm still in Diapers. Look at that thing!

I'll bet the jaws are real impressive too. What a trophy and conversation peice. I'm sure there is a story just beggin to be told on this one. Dean, that had to be quiet a thrill.

I think this board is going to come alive!

Patrick, in reference to Dean's prehistoric monster, have you "been there, done that"?

Patrick
01-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Dan--

I live at the tippy top (elevation-wise) of a vast continent for a reason--I'm a dedicated land-lubber. All I can say about that beast is Holy Mackerel!, though I doubt that describes the kind of fish it actually is. Matter of fact I still haven't heard the answer on that. Nor if it was caught off Long Island, or somewhere else. Or whether by hook or bazooka. Let's have some details!

Patrick

Nevada Dan
01-13-2003, 10:31 PM
Maggie, Thank you for your compliments. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

-Dan

Tim in Nevada
01-13-2003, 11:05 PM
Nevada Dan, thanks for the step-by-step instructions on how to post the picture. As soon as I can get myself organized, I'll try it out. Thanks, Tim.

Dean
01-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Yeah , he was a good one allright. That is a 15' threasher shark . We caught that fish about 40 miles south of my house off Long Island . It was a real good fight for about 2 hours and 40 minutes . We first saw him come up under the boat looking at our close bait (we fish 4 rods) which was a 12 lb bluefish live . At first he was just kinda swimming around and did not want to take the bait that was down about 30 feet , so to try and get him excited I started to hand line the bait back up to the boat slowly to get some distress emitions out of the bait and that is all that shark needed to hear he turned on it and grabbed the bait hardcore he was gonna eat it now , and the race was on . That fish was in and out of the water 8 times sometimes all the way sometimes just greyhounding but man could he pull. We faught this fish on a 50 lb class rod with 80 lb test line so needless to say there was some fancy footwork and boat handling durring the fight . What and awsome fish though unbelievably strong. I'm glad we can now get pictures up I posted a thread a few months ago about a hunt swap for some shark fishing and had no bites but I think with a picture to back it up I might get a reply this time . I live to fish and hunt and I am glad and fortunate to be able to do so . Thanks for letting me share this with my friends here on the board Patrick. Allthough I have not met anyone here from the board I consider them all my friends I have learned a lot from all that have shared their knowledge here. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Ken
01-14-2003, 03:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Patrick:
Dan--

I live at the tippy top (elevation-wise) of a vast continent for a reason--I'm a dedicated land-lubber. All I can say about that beast is Holy Mackerel!, though I doubt that describes the kind of fish it actually is. Matter of fact I still haven't heard the answer on that. Nor if it was caught off Long Island, or somewhere else. Or whether by hook or bazooka. Let's have some details

Patrick</div></div>Amen brother! That is exactly why I wouldn't swim in the ocean! Thanks for the details Dean!
Congratulations on the Shark! How many of Patricks Quater baggies does it take to get one of those home? /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Dean
01-14-2003, 05:25 PM
a whole lota baggies believe me when I say it. There is not a lot of waste on these critters, head tail and fins are 96% of it there is one piece of cartilage that runs the length of the body that was about 3 1/2" square that is the back bone there are no ribs in these things its all good steak meat . Sharks are one animal that there is little waste .

Nevada Dan
01-14-2003, 05:48 PM
Dean, Thanks for the story and details, needless to say I was very, very curious about that fish. Talk about being charged, you had to have used at least week's supply of adrenaline landing him.

-Dan

Dean
01-14-2003, 05:49 PM
heres a couple more for ya. This is a Mako shark.
I caught this with my friend in the picture on his boat . We won 10k for this one in a tournement, any way this one did not take as long to get to the boat only about 30 minutes "BUT" . Let me explain something first we use a 2 piece gaff on sharks piece one is the handle and piece to is the hook connected to a rope that gets attached to the boat . When we gaffed this mako she pulled my friends 29 foot boat that weighs 14,000 lbs plus gear and people over a half mile backwards !!! Had this not been a tournement we would have faught the fish a little longer to weeken it.
The next one is a 152 lb Big eye tuna not the biggest out there these get up to 300 lbs but let me say this if this tuna weighed 300 lbs it would have made that 472 threasher look like a gold fish , tuna in general are strong fast fish and pound for pound much stronger than sharks.

http://www.bowsite.com/_cache/a0fc24a736268386d0f362ba28e1d508.jpg http://www.bowsite.com/_cache/e82607d497f14d1af29747f886dedc7e.jpg

Patrick
01-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Dean--

Well, it looks like the old adage of "a picture being worth a thousand words" clinches it...I reckon you'll now get a "bite" on your offer to swap a "fishing trip" for a hunting trip. I put that "fishing trip" in quotes because it's obvious that your style of "fishing" is truly BIG Game hunting after all. So. Line up guys. Me and Ken will pass. BTW, is that you holding up that tuna? (This new photo capability is pretty neat. I think I'm going to like this.)

Patrick

Dean
01-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Patrick ...yeah you mean the ugly guy with the stupid grin....thats me with the tuna....he he he