PDA

View Full Version : SHOT Show 2004

imported_Mark
12-11-2003, 10:52 PM
Patrick/Mel,

Will Kifaru be exhibiting at the SHOT Show in Las Vegas next February?

If you hadn't planned on it, please consider doing so. It's an amazing event. Even if the primary purpose is for manufacturers to display their wares to retailers (which wouldn't apply to direct marketers like you), there are a LOT of users there.

Okay, I'll sweeten the deal... I'll buy you a pitcher of beer if you guys exhibit...

Mel
12-11-2003, 11:42 PM
Mark:

We will not be displaying at the Shot Show this year. We were all set to do it, but they are very PC about the word "military" being used. Our catalogs say "Kifaru Military Gear", and our labels on the gear say the same. We could have went as "Kifaru" or "Kifaru International", but then would have had to print up new catalogs without the word "military", and take the labels off all the gear. I personally talked to 3 different Shot Show officials about this, and they were adamant on this issue. The words "tactical" or "law enforcement" are OK, though. Go figure!? I was told by a couple long time Shot Show vendors that if we signed up simply as "Kifaru", more than likely our catalogs and labels would largely go unnoticed by officials. We figured it wasn't worth the chance, considering the cost of booth space. I will be cruising the Shot Show this year, and will definately be asking many questions concerning this issue. Anyone else here on the message board going?

Mel

eggroll
12-12-2003, 06:52 PM
errr YUP

I will be there

EGG

Jan
12-12-2003, 09:17 PM
What do I need to get in there? Some sort of pass or something? After all, I'm just an unimportant little civilian!

Evans
12-13-2003, 11:27 PM
Mel,

Sorry to hear that words will stop you guys from showing off you wares. [sad face]

--Evans

militarymoron
12-14-2003, 08:35 PM
fwiw, i'll be at SHOT and i'll be walking around with my marauder to stick all those brochures in fer sure. so you WILL see at least a couple of kifaru products there /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
cheers,
MM

eggroll
12-16-2003, 01:58 PM
what is it about us Asian folk having HIGH priced nylon fetishes :-) Will see you there too MM

EGG

militarymoron
12-16-2003, 07:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by eggroll:
what is it about us Asian folk having HIGH priced nylon fetishes :-) Will see you there too MM
EGG</div></div>hey egg, speak for yourself - some of us can't afford the spendy nylons at victoria's secret. i have to buy my wife's at walmart.
cheers,
MM

ibtrdia
12-17-2003, 12:53 AM
Very strange rule for "No go" for military ?

Go figure /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

militarymoron
12-17-2003, 07:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by ibtrdia:
Very strange rule for "No go" for military ?
Go figure /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif </div></div>uh-huh. just can't use the word 'military' in your display of select-fire, suppressed, black rifles with grenade launchers and IR lasers mounted on them. that's 'PC' taken to the point of absurdity.
MM

eggroll
12-18-2003, 09:34 AM
I have yet to mosey into one of the VS stores in town... I think I ought to go for helluvit.... recon before the gf/wifey thing happens to me.

MM where are you staying?

Cheerios!
EGG

Sgathak
12-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Mel/Patrick - If your interested in displaying your wares to as many as 500+ interested parties from Military, Federal, State, and Local law Enforcment as well as some professional security individuals this March let me know. You can have a big HUGE ASS sign that says MILITARY in Neon letters if you want! And, Bonus, you can show in Golden (at the Sheridan at 6th and Union)

Ill post more info in a new thread, so as not to further hijack this one.

militarymoron
12-18-2003, 09:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by eggroll:
I have yet to mosey into one of the VS stores in town... I think I ought to go for helluvit.... recon before the gf/wifey thing happens to me.
MM where are you staying?
Cheerios!
EGG</div></div>haha, you can make your OWN camo frilly stuff when that happens.
i figured i'd pitch a parahootch on the exhibition hall floor and camp out for SHOT.
just kidding - i think my buddy and i are staying at the rio - not sure tho - he set it up.
cheers,
MM

Patrick
12-19-2003, 11:23 AM
sgathak--

Yeah, Mike, the guy handling exhibitors for this antiterrorism conference owns an MMR and has already contacted us about exhibiting. We'll be there! See ya over there.

angron
01-12-2004, 10:04 AM
i know it's february but what day is the shot show??

Duck of Death
01-13-2004, 05:04 AM
SHOT Show is 12-15 FEB 04.