PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Weekend Rondi

gonehuntn
11-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I know this is short notice but...A small group of us (4-5 guys) are headed up to the spring rondi site the weekend after Thanksgiving. We plan on getting up there mid afternoon on the 26th.

Look, you can either hold your wife's purse while she shops the Thanksgiving day sales or come and shoot some firearms, have an adult beverage and enjoy some stimulating conversation with some good folks. Your choice!

If you are interested shoot me a PM and I'll give you the coords if you don't already have them.

Cheers,

Gonehuntn

Sawtooth
11-16-2010, 02:14 PM
I just might be there. Thanks for posting! I need to settle up with you on something anyhoo. :)

gonehuntn
11-16-2010, 02:36 PM
It's not a REAL rondi without you buddy! I hope you can get a kitchen pass!

Sawtooth
11-17-2010, 08:07 AM
I WILL be there late Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. I recommend keeping an eye on the weather forecast next week. I came through there last weekend and it wasn't too bad for snowpack, but this time of year anything can happen. It's gotten some more snow the past few days, including last night I think.

gonehuntn
11-17-2010, 10:31 AM
I have an alternate location near Tarryall if it gets bad. I was near there (Florissant) last weekend and it wasn't to bad. We'll keep an eye on it.

gonehuntn
11-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Pix from this weekend. We camped near Tarrayall Reservoir, about 1.5 hours west of Colorado Springs. Highs in the 40's, lows in the 20's. We went on a short ramble Saturday for a few miles. Both Fri and Sat nights we played poker until I was tired of borrowing money. And, of course, we shot some assorted firearms. In the pic of our ramble you can see Pikes Peak in the background.

talk2much
11-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Looks good.

Sawtooth
11-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Sorry I had to bail! Looks REALLY warm and dry. Same thing down here at home. We desperately need some snow.

Sawtooth
11-29-2010, 07:16 AM
You had to haul your own water, right?

scothill
11-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the memories. I used to spend a lot of time in that area.

On the other hand we where cross country sking on fresh powder most days last week.

gonehuntn
11-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Scothill: Glad I could oblige; that's a nice area. There were a lot of road hunters driving the roads so we had to be careful about where we shot.

Sawtooth: We brought water but there's a small stream just north of where we were. However, there are lots of cows around; I don't think I'd try to filter the manure and drink it.

evanhill
11-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Whoa... I think that is one of the exact campsites we used to use. Still warm and sunny there I see.