PDA

View Full Version : EMR PACK FOR POSSIBLE USMC PROCUREMENT

Gunfighter
07-19-2002, 08:18 AM
KIFARU Staff,
The Marines are currently looking for new gear to replace the MOLLE. Send your sales rep to Headquaters Marine Corps as soon as possible. We need a durable, effective pack. Looks like your team has got it right. Marines like me are desperate for a replacement and unfortunately are at the mercy of the military supply system. If I could afford it I would buy your product and model it for the Comandant himself if I thought it would get your EMR pack adopted. However, I have to ask these questions.

1. While in the prone does your pack interfear with the head when fully loaded?
2. Can your pack withstand carrying Machineguns, Mortors, and ammunition?
3. Can your pack handle being thrown out of a 5-ton truck when fully loaded with out breaking the frame (big problem with MOLLE)?

This could be a big business opportunity for you. 100,000 orders are a possibility since if we can spend about $800 a copy for the MOLLE then we can afford $500 for your EMR pack.

Frustrated Marine,
SSgt W. J. Bush

Patrick
07-19-2002, 12:33 PM
SSgt. Bush (good name!)--

Thank you very much for alerting us. And for the encouraging words about our EMR pack. Yes, it will do all the things you ask about. And, FYI, we are "in the loop" as to evaluating the EMR as a replacement for MOLLE. It is happening now. Please stand by. We sincerely think we can provide the very best gear to honorable men just like you.

Respectfully,

Patrick Smith

jensenmk
08-16-2002, 11:45 PM
1. While in the prone does your pack interfear with the head when fully loaded?
What ruck doesn't?

2. Can your pack withstand carrying Machineguns, Mortors, and ammunition?
Nothing is idiot proof, if it is poorly packed it will get torn up.

3. Can your pack handle being thrown out of a 5-ton truck when fully loaded with out breaking the frame (big problem with MOLLE)?
What moron throws his ruck? Especially with today's sensitive equipment.

sak45acp
08-19-2002, 02:23 PM
In regards to item number three: "what moron throws his ruck?" the guy who has to carry it may not, but the pogues who may be transporting it or sling loading a pile of the platoon's rucks dont care who's stuff they kick out of the truck, or off the bird, or cut loose in a crosswind. Usually the most damage to rucks is caused by the idiots that don't have to carry them. Then again, who's the idiot, the guy carrying the 100 pound ruck or the guy who isn't?

rickdog
03-10-2003, 12:54 AM
What is the status on this process? Is there a USMC website for it? Is the selection process still ongoing? Who else is involved?

Deathmachine
03-10-2003, 04:14 AM
Messed with one of the packs the other day at supply so I guess the prosess is going along fine. Let me tell it's no emr. even tried to talk them into issuing us a pack for the month in the field. they laughed. guess 81's are not as vital as I thought.

rickdog
03-10-2003, 10:14 AM
Death
What base are you stationed on? Schwab?lol
I hated it there.

Deathmachine
03-10-2003, 02:00 PM
Rickdog good job and right on.

have checked out my other posts and pics. Maybe I can get a side by side with the new pack.

Gunfighter
03-12-2003, 11:03 AM
Gents,
The packs are being evaluated now with selected USMC units (3rd Marines is one). I got to see the packs while I was at Quantico. The project officer is Capt Pinion (he knows Mel). His e-mail adress is on the USMC e-mail system (he is the only "Pinion"). The packs are o-kay but they are not Kifaru, let's put it that way. The Greggory pack I was not too impressed with but I liked the Arctyrex ( I am spelling it wrong). Comming from my experience it has some advantages in that it has some modern commercial technology in it but I do not know how it will hold up under abuse. If you Marines are testing these packs, try to use the waist belt. I know that is difficult with the issue gear but the new web gear being designed is supposed to free up the waist so you can wear the belt. Try to use the pack as it is designed and provide "realistic", hard feedback so we do not get stuck with another MOLLE desaster. Good luck.

Deathmachine
03-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Good tip about the waistbelt. I like to adjust it to fit around my flak and take off my buttpack and canteens during hikes. The emr has a space for the belt, but not for the buttpack.

Dan
03-21-2003, 04:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by jensenmk:
What moron throws his ruck? Especially with today's sensitive equipment.</div></div>Well - I don't throw my ruck - but I've come down a fastrope a whole hell-of-a lot harder than I've planned before /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Dan

PS - Mel, you've got mail!

rickdog
03-21-2003, 12:04 PM
Death

Are you in DICKEY Barracks?

If so, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!!

I had the new ones below Dickey twice!
Oceanfront property!
Scuba and bowling. Movies and the E-club or go to the Hook And Jab at Foster. Been to the Country Bar out in town?

Dude, have you tried Royal Milk Tea out in town? It is a canned drink from the machines. It is best HOT. That stuff is SO awesome!

Never thought I would miss Oki!

Deathmachine
04-15-2003, 07:08 PM
Glad the laughs before turned into OK.
We have Both new packs and are very Happy.

Gun,
Is it a good idea to post some pics. I am also going to send an email to the Capt.

I plan to have a pic of all six packs in the plt (large alice, molle, vector, gregory, poper, emr).
As well as each on the backs.

David
04-18-2003, 06:46 PM
i fthe USMC take yo uup on the emr will you still be able to keep up with individual orders??
thsi is to mel

Deathmachine
04-18-2003, 10:55 PM
I dont mean to speak for Mel, and correct me if Iam wrong.
He post somewhere else that the production order was to big to fill.
The Marines have norrowed the selection to two packs and are testing them in several units.
The EMR is not one of them.
I'am going to showing My EMR with the other packs.

rickdog
04-18-2003, 11:09 PM
What's the timetable on the Marine decision? Do you know if they will go with a Coyote pack?

Deathmachine
04-19-2003, 01:48 AM
It looks Like the pack may get in the hands of all Marines in as little as a year.
Realicitly it will be some time.
Our test packs are od and camo, but expect them to be Digital in the end.

Gunfighter
04-21-2003, 08:21 PM
MARSYSCOM will make their choice in June of this year (I got this from the project officer in February). The pack will be in digital cammo (MARPAT) as Deathmachine stated. I am thinking that we should hear something late June early July this year. As far as fielding is concerned, it is a question of money. The Marine Corps has not budgeted for this so no one knows were the money to buy all these packs is going to come from. Good news is that the new Comandant made this one of his priorities so I expect some "tree hugging" projects will get cancelled to free money. Until then, I hope that Actyrex pack wins as I was not impressed with the Greggory Pack. Anybody have any info?

rickdog
04-21-2003, 08:28 PM
I wish they weren't going with the Woodland MarPat.

rickdog
04-21-2003, 08:44 PM
Actually, I am happy they are moving so fast.