PDA

View Full Version : Game Camera

rangercap
08-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Can anyone recommend a game cam with NO visible flashes or lights? I am currently trying a Moultrie D-55IR, but it appears to have a low red glow at night. I think this is when it is taking video. I would prefer a camera that would have ZERO visible light emmisions. I turned the flash off, but they the video is hard to see. I have a feeling these punks will be back. So I may bait my truck with an old alice pack and a poncho liner (that I no longer use, but these punks may find it attractive) and see if they take the bait.

This camera takes great pics, but I need a camera can be completely unseen. Last week my Express G1 stolen from my truck with a bunch of other items along with it. The good thing is, i ordered it in orange cordura (I use it for SAR) so I am completely sure it is the only bag like it. I found a few things down the street in the neighbors backyard, but I really want that bag back. I called the cops and filed a report then shot them the web site for pics of the pack. They were pretty impressed with Kifaru as a whole. One good thing is school starts soon, so hopefully the jack wagon will show it off and the school officer can pick it out of the crowd.

Brian

Cowboyvon
08-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Look at the Buckeye cams..

Wayne Hoffman
09-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I like my keepguard trail camera no flash and small found on ebay

BowDoc
09-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Rangercap,

Take a look at the Reconyx trail cams. They are really expensive, but so was your gear. They have a model with a completely filtered LED light system that is totally invisible. They also have mounting boxes that look like electrical panel boxes. I've sold several and have used them quite a bit and they are easily the most reliable game cam I have ever used. More pics and better pics with virtually no false alarms and rapid fire triggering to get multiple shots with multiple angles. You really do get a better look at whatever you are trying to photograph. Downside...$550 for the No Glow model.

Good luck, hope you get your gear back.

Richard

Take-a-knee
09-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Has anyone used the Cuddeback? They are supposed to have a no-flash trail cam.

rangercap
09-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info on the cams. School starts on Tuesday so i'll be keeping an eye out for the little $%*# to be wearing his new sunglasses and carry his new bag to/from school.

Brian