PDA

View Full Version : Montana Rendezvous Sign Up

Ed T
07-14-2010, 10:39 PM
The Montana Rendezvous will be held at the site of the 2005 Rondy, approximately 20 NE of Lincoln on August 6th,7th & 8th. The site is along a creek on Helena National Forest land and is accessable by car. No high clearance vehicles are necessary. It is primitive camping with no bathroom facilities or water.

I will be setting up Friday AM and expect the festivities to wind down mid-day Sunday.

I will write up specific directions that I will send by PM to those wishing to attend. I'll have those directions ready early next week. Please PM me if you haven't already for directions and give an approximate number of people attending.

Family's, including dogs are welcome. There is no place to shoot right at the camp site but shooting is possible further up the valley.

Last time we had a pot luck dinner on Saturday so bring food and refreshments at least for your own crew.

If anyone has a specific type of gear they would like to see at the Rondy, I would sugest starting a separate thread to keep this one easier to navigate.

Looks like we are going to have a good turn out.

Ed T

Ed T
07-19-2010, 09:18 PM
I have sent directions out to those that have requested them.

Ed T

evanhill
07-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Presumably there's water in the crick for filtering?

Enough mosquitos to warrant a screen shelter for hanging out in?

Ed T
07-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Evan,

There is water in the creek. I will be bringing 5-10 gallons as well.

Mosquitos could be a problem, but I think with a few coils we should be OK. I also can throw in my SL 6 Nest.

evanhill
07-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Dude... it's car camping. We'll bring the screen shelter.

BigSky
07-20-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm on national guard drill that weekend otherwise I would be in. The N.W. Rondy is right at the start of the 15 and under girls world series softball tournament in which my daughter is playing. I'm completely out for another year. Hopefully I'll run into some of you guys while I'm out hunting this fall and winter.

Ed T
07-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Tom,

Good luck to your daughter and her team!

Sorry you can't make it.

Ed T

BigSky
07-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks Ed. Well, there's always next year, hopefully. Enjoy yourselves and be safe.

Thom