PDA

View Full Version : NW Summer Rondy 2010 - Who's In???

Bushcraft
06-15-2010, 11:44 PM
If you’ve somehow missed the different threads, this year’s Kifaru Northwest Summer Rondy is going to be held July 22-25th. For the most part, as is customary, this is a self-propelled backcountry excursion into a wilderness destination. And thus, for logistical reasons, we need to get a better handle on who would like to attend this year’s annual gathering….namely: men, women & children. We're a very exclusive group: only everyone can attend that can attend.

This year's gathering will more than likely entail meeting up at a pre-determined staging location on Thursday, July 22nd for a comfortable "car camp" overnighter. Attendees will likely begin to arrive sometime in the mid-afternoon. And, soon thereafter spray, rub or brush on a fine sheen of 100% DEET...preferably after exiting their vehicles. An extended BS session will auto-initiate around a genuine chainsaw-fed white-man fire that, if prior NW gatherings are any indication, is likely to last well into the night. After all, someone has to keep a light on for the stragglers. Copious amounts of flesh and other pot-luck delicacies will be consumed.

The rough plan on Friday is to wake up at a reasonable hour (I fully realize the reasonableness is dependent upon the unreasonableness of when some decided to turn in a few hours earlier), reapply a preventative sheen of DEET, and engage in more BSing while eating breakfast, drinking lots of coffee/juice/water, rallying the laggards, filling up Jason’s pack with steak, sausage and beer when he’s not looking, and generally saddling-up for the self-propelled bi-pedal in-fill to a mostly determined wilderness destination.

The remainder of Friday through Sunday morning will entail relaxing, hiking, fishing and generally reveling in the Fulfillment that is a weekend, in late July, in the wilderness, spent with some of the very best people on planet Earth.

Said destination will entail having to either:

Walk a minimum of 4.5-5 miles with at least 1,500 feet of elevation gain along an incredibly rough, long-abandoned road with no water along the entire way to a maybe-fishable alpine lake that probably still has some of the comforts and accoutrements of what once was semi-maintained Forest Service campground. I would not recommend wheeled contraptions of any sort on this road. It was rough as a cob when it was maintained. I can only imagine how much more rough it has become over the last three years of additional neglect.
Or, hike approximately 8 miles through an alpine wonderland, on a very well maintained trail with very little in the way of elevation gain/loss. For the weight conscience, there is usually a near constant source of water along the way vis--vis springs, streams, ponds and crystal clear lakes. Did I mention the sweet views? (Is it obvious yet which location I’m presently leaning towards???)
Or, one other location that is at least 4.5 miles with at least 3,000 foot elevation gain. Awesome spot. Maybe too awesome.
Or, some other locations I have in mind depending on the fortitude and interest level of attendees.
The final destination is largely dependent upon who is going to attend. For example, if all the attendees are families with little ones in tow, we’d be doing a short n' easy trip or even a car-camp that would accommodate them. On the other hand, if a smallish group of manly men are planning on attending and were interested in fly-fishing for some monster trout in remote alpine lakes…well, I’ve got just the place that’s way out back in the back of beyond.

And so, on a bit of a sensitive note, I realize that there are only a few valuable summertime weekends that parents can spend with their kids. These backcountry rondys have always been, and will always be family friendly as long as I'm involved in the planning and organizing process. The toughest part of deciding which new place to go is determining whether or not kids of a reasonable age and fortitude can make it and still come away from the whole weekend experience eagerly asking their parents when they can go to the next one. With the input of other NW Rondy Vets, I make every effort to weigh all of the variables involved in selecting an optimum location that provides the most enjoyment for all attendees on a more or less weighted average basis. I/We strive to organize the weekend such that it is inclusive and enjoyable for everyone. As a bit of a litmus test, if it were my child, I'd be okay with allowing them come if they are able and willing to carry their own sleeping bag, some warm clothes, a trash bag rain poncho, their own water bottle and a few other essentials. Obviously, it is up to the parents to determine whether or not their short-leggers are be up to the task just yet, or if they would be better off spending the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa and waiting until next year instead. Hint: There’s a little over a month to run a few trial trail tests.

Exhibit A: This kiddo (8 y.o.) came through the now infamous nocturnal 100 degree 8+ mile bushwhack death march seemingly unscathed. Granted, he has the best first name in the world and comes from a long line of some pretty damn good stock. :D;)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d11/ARE001/NW%20Rondy/IMG_1752.jpg

Okay, with all that said (for the benefit of those that have not yet attended a NW Rondy), other than:

Myself & Mrs. Bushcraft
Patrick
Randy & Tracy
Mike & Family?
KevinB & Kids?
JBR & Family
Jim & Boys
Evan
Scot
Jason
Thom & Family?
BuckW?
David Walter & Family?
DP & Wife?
Tim in Washington?
EdC?
Big W?
Wanderluster?
Christian?
Glenn & Kids?
Dale Lindsay?
DWP?
Half Bubble?
...WHO ELSE IS INTERESTED OR PLANNING ON ATTENDING???

snakey2
06-16-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm in and I believe Caitlin and Chris are coming to. We will push through to anywhere you choose.

Ed C
06-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Bushcraft and all;
This is shaping up to be the best NW rondy yet.

My daughter and I will be in Kalispell,Mt. for National O-MOK-SEE [patterened horse racing].

David in OR
06-16-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm likely attending. Got a flock of in-laws flying in Sunday afternoon so I'd have to get an early start out that morning. Both the first two destinations sound great. It would just be me, unfortunately; my mate will be staring at a computer screen manipulating weird little symbols.

snakey2
06-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Ed how can it be one of the best when you and Miss Dolly won't be there?

scothill
06-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Ed how can it be one of the best when you and Miss Dolly won't be there?

maybe that was his point? ;)

I wonder myself what patterned horse racing is.

snakey2
06-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Well if Miss Dolly would come without him.....

MikeB.
06-16-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm bringing the whole tribe this year: Mrs. B., 4-y.o. boy, 7-y.o. girl. As for destination, I'd have to pick one of the shorter options, though the 8-miler would be my choice if it were just me. The kids are currently cruising 2.5 miles with light packs at a 2mph pace, which isn't bad for the one with 20" legs! This weekend, we'll crank it up to 3 miles or so & see if we can keep the whine-ometer out of the red.

Jason
06-16-2010, 06:00 PM
You've got some strong little hikers there Mike! Good luck with the whine-o-meter. :D

christianh
06-17-2010, 04:42 AM
I'm good to go wherever. Been training (hiking and biking), will be up at Colchuck playing with my new ice axe and crampons early next week for three days and then onto Bend for the rifle class for the weekend. DEET is evil, I will be using picaridin and my bugshirt pretreated with permethrin.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Chris

ps - If anyone is planing on injuring themselves please let me know before we leave and I will bring the appropriate suturing supplies.

Randy
06-17-2010, 07:27 PM
OK, Tracy and I are in. We will most likey leave the Beagelos at the 'dog hotel' this trip and (I) will help pack stuff for short leggers if needed. Sounds like Jason, armed with a Cargo Chair, could easily haul an extra kid if they get tired:)

As Mike said, if I was packing in alone I'd pick the Bushwack This locale. If we get a bunch of novice hikers and youngsters a shorter trek would be in order.

Jason
06-17-2010, 10:00 PM
I originally understood that this would be a Friday through Sunday affair. I'm supposed to work Friday,but got it off. I WILL have to work Thursday though, then leave sometime after 2am, and probably land around the time everyone is breaking camp. This is my long way of saying I vote for the easier hike. Easier on no sleep, and more time to lay in camp and relax. Just my .02c.

BTW, I'm bringing my Siwash w/ cargo chair. I can haul a kid or meat/beer, but probably not both in one trip. If someone's got an extra LHG let me know. ;)

I suppose I could also bring a wheel borrow. :D

evanhill
06-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Since my family isn't coming this year, I can carry extra to help families get packed in too. Some advance idea of how much of this is necessary will be helpful, as I'll bring my DD external if there is a lot to carry. Jason, I've got a spare if you really want to load up ;)

Jason
06-18-2010, 12:26 PM
You might have yourself a deal Evan. I could help out some gear/child burdened families, AND try out the famous Dana external at the same time. My knees have healed from the Winter Rondy so it must be time to abuse them again. :D

evanhill
06-18-2010, 01:17 PM
start dosing that glucosamine now!

Jason
06-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Been on it for 15yrs, and MSM for 3!

Kevin B
06-21-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm a definite maybe.

No real chance of 8ish miles for any of my kids. They're not up to that yet. I can convince myself to try, but I think that'd be a bad call. I still have schedule hurdles that I won't cross until much closer to the date. So, if there's a short range location and my calendar parts the waters, I'm in. I can send along a care package if I'm not able to attend. Just finished smoking some landjaeger.

Ed C
06-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Just finished smoking some landjaeger.
Can you send a care package with me since I won't be able to attend rondy?:):confused:

Kevin B
06-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Replied to your PM Ed. If'n we meet to talk tipi I might just be able to get you a sample.

JBR
06-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm looking at only bringing my oldest son this year, who will be turning 13 on the that Friday, but he's so far been less than chomping at the bit for a long hike again. Probably just fears his dad will try to stab him in the foot again. Due to several nagging injuries of my own (shoulder tear, back out, ankle roll, bad case of rhabdo with my quads in January requiring 7 days hospitlization) over the past 6 mons, I have done NOTHING for working out and have to say I'm a bit worried about my suck-ish performance with a little heat and a heavy pack. I will start trying to run again (hopefully this week) and get the body working out again, but I always hate starting over from scratch. Damn.

I guess MY whino-meter is heading towards red, huh? All to say that we would be up for a shorter route, easier route this year.

DWP
06-22-2010, 05:03 PM
I am nearly positive that I will be attending. Deciding factor is the timeline of a job that starts that week. Sadly, my wife and 4 year old daughter are likely not coming. I am up for whatever transpires, although flyfishing for alpine trout is something that I have not done in a long time...

JBR
06-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Decided to bring up the Rondy last night with my oldest son while we were out in the hot tub. I could tell he has been avoiding conversation about it and figured I needed to figure out where he stood, as it starts on his 13th birthday (Fri) and is fast approaching. After suggesting we start getting our butts in shape for the Rondy and getting excited for the fishing, he was very quiet. I asked him what his thoughts were and if he wanted to go (as I had previously told him that I was looking forward to this being a special father/son only trip for his birthday). He's the kind of kid that doesn't like to disappoint, especially dad, and I could tell that asking him of his feelings was making him uncomfortable cause he knew that how he felt would probably disappoint dad. Ultimately, he admitted that due to several things, he really did not want to go. Much had to do with it being on his birthday weekend and not wanting to spend it at the Rondy. There was also a lack of interest in hiking and "sitting around", feeling he would be bored, despite my reminder of shooting guns, fly fishing, campfires, etc.

He also recently purchased his own paintball gun (along with his brother Luke) and they have been waiting 2 months to play at a private wooded location with a bunch of people from my work, that was originally planned for July 10th, but recently was moved to teh 24th. Missing that (with dad), and spending his birthday on the Rondy was enough that he decided the Rondy was not what he wanted to do. We talked about it some more and I realized he was firm in how he felt and making additional arguments for going was only making he feel worse. I've realized that in life, you can't push a rope. Although I was obviously disappointed, I decided perhaps I would just bring one of my other sons, right up until he said, "and miss my birthday???" Oops.

All this to say, I'm disappointed to let you know, I'm out for this one. I love the Rondys and wanted to "redeem ourselves" after last year's quick exit, but the last thing I want to do is make my son feel like he's second place. I'm frustrated and feel like I'm letting down the "Kifaru crew", so I hope you understand and have a great time without us.

evanhill
06-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Jim, great decision based on having your priorites straight. You'll be missed, but there will be other Rondys.

Buck W
06-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Jim, good call. What Evan said.

Randy
06-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Jim, we'll miss you and your family this year, but you made the right call. Perhaps Allen can find some crazy weekend trek for us:)

So...we have a fair bit of input at this point. Some coming, some not, so with little ones, some not. Where are we going? I'm up for the new lake destination. Looks good on Google Earth.

What do you guys want for dessert this year? We've had cookies, rice-krispie treats, cream-puffs...pie, cake?

Bushcraft
06-28-2010, 09:21 PM
It has been decided...

This year's NW Summer Rondy will entail hiking 4.5-5 miles to a pretty little alpine lake that has some of the comforts and accoutrements of what once was a Forest Service campground. A short hike in the morning or evening will provide photographers with ample opportunities of Rainier, Adams and the surrounding Cascades. There's also the opportunity to bushwack to a nearby lake to determine if the trout will take a fly of any feather or fooling.

Time permitting, Randy, myself, or both of us will speed scout the location (walk/run/ride a bike up to the location and ride/walk out) and provide the group with better parking, trail and destination beta. At this time, please do not plan on wheeled contraptions of any sort on this abandoned road. As I mentioned earlier, it was rough when it was maintained years ago before being decommissioned and I can only imagine how much more rough it has become over the last three years of additional neglect.

I'm looking forward to catching up with you all.

Allen

Wanderlustr
06-29-2010, 06:04 PM
I am in.
Sounds like a nice spot.
I am somewhat allergic to heat, lost my tolerance for it somewhere over the years. So hoping this spot has some elevation involved. ;)

Looking forward to meeting you folks.

David in OR
06-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Sweet.

Fishing at the destination lake or only at the "nearby" lake? I hesitate to ask what is meant by "nearby." lol

Is the walk *out* downhill? I ask because, even though it's only 4.5 mi., I'll need to get an early start to be home in time to welcome my in-laws, who are flying in from Florida and will have tired arms.

Looking forward to seeing/meeting you all.

David

snakey2
07-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Too much stress here, I can't wait!

Bushcraft
07-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Snakey,

Here's a prescription for stress relief in the meantime:

1. Visit your local indian reservation.
2. Negotiate for and buy "The Good Stuff".
3. Go out to your country estate and proceed to lift stumps out of the ground.

I guarantee that it will relieve stress and bring joy to your life. In fact, I believe in this particular prescription so much that I've self-prescribed an exceptionally heavy dose.

Allen

snakey2
07-06-2010, 10:01 AM
The stumps I can live with but some of the people around are driving me nuts, your prescriptions should still work though. And it is the two week build up of dirtballs in town for the Country Fair.

"Most of the worlds ills would be cured with one, three day open season on people"
E. Hemingway

disillusionedpatriot
07-12-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm out. Tore my achilles tendon in a sports injury.

evanhill
07-12-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm out. Tore my achilles tendon in a sports injury.

DP, getting out of the lazy boy too quickly during a world cup game doesn't exactly count as a "sports injury" :)

Seriously, ouch! Hope it rehabs in time to get you out on the trail before winter.

Randy
07-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Allen and I made a quick run into the selected location on Sunday. 4.25 miles (my GPS):)
We were in in an hour and fifteen minutes and out in an hour twenty-five minutes. Light day packs and the hounds. Still a good bit of snow in the timber to keep food and beverage fresh and cold.
The trail in is an old, closed road, similar to the rondy of the past two summers. Maybe steeper in places and little or no water along the way. That said, just about 200 yards from the road closure, be sure you have your Crocs or water shoes because there is about a 40-50 yard stretch you must wade where the river diverted itself over the old road. Water is about 8-10" deep and let's just say it's refreshing!

Allen sampled the fishing...lots of brookies and we did see a couple of really nice trout laying up on rock shelf. Good opportunity for beginning fly-casters and kids to catch some trout. Allen landed 4 in about 30 minutes with a little dry fly.

Bring your bug dope, as the mosquitos are still rather rambunctious on the trail and in the black timber.

Allen will follow-up with coordinates and directions.

See you all in a couple of weeks.

Tim in Washington
07-13-2010, 09:19 AM
D P, heat and ice,heat and ice,repeat until Sept. and let the kids mow the lawn.Im expecting to arrow a big bull this year and you will want to be ready for all that fun !
By the way ,I wont be there either an emerg. roofing job is calling my name.
Have fun
Tim

evanhill
07-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Randy, it was a pretty hot weekend down here. What were the temps in Yakima versus what you experienced at the location?

Bushcraft
07-13-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure what the temps were in Yakima, probably the typical summertime high- 90's blast furnace.

Temps at the location must have been in the 70's or low 80's in the shade. Of course, it felt markedly warmer in the sunshine.

Riding a bike with a trailer up the road would be a one helluva grind.

Given the easy no-way-in-heck-are-you-going-to-get-lost-unless-you-are-a-complete-and-total-moron infill, we might opt for a Thursday afternoon, evening or nocturnal in-fill, thereby boosting the time at the destination.

disillusionedpatriot
07-13-2010, 10:59 AM
D P, heat and ice,heat and ice,repeat until Sept. and let the kids mow the lawn.Im expecting to arrow a big bull this year and you will want to be ready for all that fun !
By the way ,I wont be there either an emerg. roofing job is calling my name.
Have fun
Tim

Yeah, definitely my top concern being OK for September.

I'm thinking about paying the extra for a horsey ride. Went 5-0 last week, but I guess that's it for me this summer.

oldpinecricker
07-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Wish I could make it and have a few beers over there, but I'm pretty busy at the moment hitting the woods locally with the 38 1/2 and being rugged in general.

Hope you folks have a good time.

OP

snakey2
07-13-2010, 12:56 PM
I plan on being at the staging area (don't know where that is) sometime Thurs. pm with the usual Fri. am walk in. When are we getting directions to trail head and campsite? Will I need a parking permit for the trail head parking?

SuperBadger
07-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Not sure yet if I can go. If I do I will most likely be there Friday morning because of a Thursday evening commitment.

Randy
07-13-2010, 06:06 PM
With regards to the parking permits. Frickin' WA wil ticket you without one. Best to be on the safe and pick one up for the weekend since this closed road is now a bona-fide trailhead with porta potti and all.

I'll have to defer to Allen for all the particulars on directions and such. Hang tite. The trailhead isn't a whole lot different from last couple of rondy's.

Jason
07-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Well, initially I got excited because I FINALLY had Saturday and Sunday off during the Summer Rondy. I figured I could ask for Friday off and be GTG. Then the Rondy got expanded to Thursday too, and I figured I could still attend, but just miss day one. Now I get to work today and find out my stuporvisors have scheduled a mandatory training on Friday. My Friday shift extends into Saturday by two hours (on a good night) so I'd have to do the drive and hike on no sleep. I can say with confidence that the Rondy will maintain a much higher quality if I don't attend in a sleep deprived state, so I'm throwing in the towel and helping my wife with Relay For Life instead. Sorry guys.

MikeB.
07-14-2010, 12:13 AM
Just a quick note on food, which has always been a bit of a potluck/community effort... I'm bringing 3 lbs of venison breakfast links (not as good as Kevin B's, but that's a high bar to clear!) & enough hashbrowns for everyone for at least 2 breakfasts. Is anyone planning on bringing a big skillet?

scothill
07-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Well, initially I got excited because I FINALLY had Saturday and Sunday off during the Summer Rondy. I figured I could ask for Friday off and be GTG. Then the Rondy got expanded to Thursday too, and I figured I could still attend, but just miss day one. Now I get to work today and find out my stuporvisors have scheduled a mandatory training on Friday. My Friday shift extends into Saturday by two hours (on a good night) so I'd have to do the drive and hike on no sleep. I can say with confidence that the Rondy will maintain a much higher quality if I don't attend in a sleep deprived state, so I'm throwing in the towel and helping my wife with Relay For Life instead. Sorry guys.

Damn, that is to bad. You would have been a welcome addition.

I am not sure when Thursday night I will be rolling in with Evan. We are having a busy summer work wise and I will have to work most of thursday probably.

snakey2
07-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Jason sorry you can't make it.

evanhill
07-14-2010, 10:13 AM
MikeB, I can/will bring a pretty good sized skillet. You're still bringing your kids, right? If so, set aside a 15-20lb pile of stuff for me to haul up the trail Fri morning.

Jason, I'm bummed.

Sieger12
07-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Sorry I'm going to miss this summer's Rondy. My assignment in Richland finished on 25 JUN and I'm now back in north GA. All the best on this year's adventure!

Cheers, John

Big W
07-14-2010, 07:59 PM
If i am going (don't know yet) I could take a trip in and out on thursday and cache some stuff up at the campsite. I don't have nothing to do that week, just don't know if i will feel good, having some health problems. Sometimes i feel good, sometimes i don't.

Anyways, let me know what i can bring and what i can do to help. Looking foward to meeting you guys.

Oh, another thing, is there going to be a place to shoot? Just wondering if i should bring some guns and extra ammo, if thats an option.

MikeB.
07-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Evan, kids are a go! They've been asking if this is "the weekend" for a month. Thanks so much for offering to help us get 'em in... I'm sure we'll have a few items we can use a hand (or cargo chair) with ;)

scothill
07-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Evan, kids are a go! They've been asking if this is "the weekend" for a month. Thanks so much for offering to help us get 'em in... I'm sure we'll have a few items we can use a hand (or cargo chair) with ;)

Well since our other pack mule, Jason, bowed out I reckon I can help get family gear in as well. That goes for anyone else bring kids that need a bit of help.

Timber_tiger
07-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Mrs. TT is talking to the girls today. I will let you know tonight if we are in.

If we do go we will be bringing the horses that replaced the goats. We should be able to pack in 75lb + of other stuff :) depending on how things load in the panniers.

timbertiger

Bushcraft
07-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Special Notice: Bring extra flies and tippet as the trees proved to be markedly more voracious than the brookies. ;)

I'll be putting together specs for everyone planning to attend later this week.

Timber_tiger
07-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Timbertigers are a go. We will plan on arriving Thursday evening and go in Friday am.

Brent

Bushcraft
07-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Excellent!

Randy
07-15-2010, 07:29 PM
If anyone would like, I can bring a couple of extra (read...not high quality) fly rods and reels if anyone wants to try their hand with a fly rod. If you need casting lessons, I'd sidle up to Bushcraft for some fundamentals. He says he's not that good, but more often than not the line sings through the guides and flies straight as an arrow.

Kevin B
07-15-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm scurrying.

I'm upgraded from no to maybe. I'll know by tues/wed. Guys, what's the refridgeration/creek situation like, i might have things that require some cooling... might.

If I'm in, it's me and the boy. It'll be a tough pull for him so any help just getting stuff off him (bag/pad) would be mighty helpful. Hope I can make it.

Bushcraft
07-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Too kind Randy. The litmus test is if you are comfortable with me leaving my fly box at home and just letting me share yours. ;)

Bushcraft
07-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Much relieved to hear that you and the boy are going go make it Kevin. I was feeling a bit sketched there for a while ya big tease. I don't know what we would have done without El Maestro hovering over a cooking fire that alternates between Smudge Pot and Inferno. I'd be happy to help carry C's stuff and the Landjaeger.

As for refrigeration, there were quite a few snow banks near camp that should still provide more than adequate cooling of whatever we bring in. Since there are already some tables, MikeB will have to resort to busying himself with fashioning a refrigerator of sorts.

The lake's temp is just about right for a refreshing mid-day swim.

snakey2
07-16-2010, 09:41 AM
If I pack light I might be able to take some extra (particularly bulky but light).

Randy
07-16-2010, 05:24 PM
KevinB and MikeB,

I'm up for packing some extra gear. Let us know what you need transported and we'll make sure it gets to camp and back.

Randy

pen&sword
07-16-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm new to the world of backpacking and camping. The wife and I just got back from a few days 'camping' in Big Sur. It was my first time in such country and I'm stunned by how beautiful it all was and the sense of - easy happiness - being amongst it all made me feel.

Anyway, before I gush any more, I just want to say I can't wait to get my G2 Navigator (thanks Adam!) and start exploring more of this amazing country. Hopefully next year the wife and I will be able to tag along on one of these rondy's.

Cheers

Kevin B
07-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Allen,

Send me the directions, I think I know about where, but just send it along all the same. Also, give me a head count. I'm feeling more optimistic as we closed out the week. The wife was off to a school reunion tonight so i just pushed out a new sausage experiment. Going to do some smoking on Sunday. Thanks anyone giving a hand with the loads, with the meat and associated cooking supplies I'll have an absurd load again.

evanhill
07-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Kevin B, never fear, your beast of burden is here!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/4800581762_05f77f034b.jpg

Seriously, sounds like we have a new Rondy tradition -- the Thursday night crew gear split. There are enough willing and able folks (to say nothing of TT's horses) that noone should be carrying inordinately more than their share of group or family items.

Kevin B
07-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Masta-blasta runs rondy town.

Good deal Evan.

Wanderlustr
07-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Allen, are you sending out directions to this shindig?
I am away from the internet a lot (working on a cabin up next to the Pasayten). So if you could send me a rough idea I'd like to try to make it for at least part of the time. Thanks.

David in OR
07-19-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm out. Had some work come in, for which I'm grateful, but *bummed* to miss it.

Bushcraft
07-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Directions will go out tonight when I get home from work. In the meantime, sound off so we can all get a more accurate headcount for foodstuffs.

WL - incoming.

Timber_tiger
07-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Timbertigers 2 adults & two kids.

snakey2
07-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Me plus one other adult.

scothill
07-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Evan and I, and maybe Conri

half bubble
07-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Any chance someone might PM me the details? Would love to meet you all.

MikeB.
07-19-2010, 07:46 PM
2 kids, 2 adults in my group.

Randy
07-19-2010, 08:11 PM
A little scenery to whet your appetites for this weekend!

Bushcraft
07-20-2010, 02:15 AM
Sorry to all that were expecting directions last night.

I got home from a loooong day at work pretty late and felt compelled to tie up a few loose ends before racking out.

I'm taking my personal laptop to work as trying to communicate online via Crackberry keyboard...sucks. They'll go out today (July 20th) via PM or e-mail.

Thanks for your patience.

P.S. - I just received word that the transportation of much of our group consumables on Friday may be a non-issue. Keep your fingers crossed!

evanhill
07-20-2010, 06:57 AM
I just received word that the transportation of much of our group consumables on Friday may be a non-issue.

Miss Dolly no whammies Miss Dolly no whammies...

snakey2
07-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Kevin B is going to strap an extra Longhunter on the front!!!!!

Bushcraft
07-20-2010, 09:23 AM
And sides.

It's the latest offering from Kifaru...The Perimeter.

Bushcraft
07-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Directions have been PM'ed to those who I know are planning to attend.

Please PM me ASAP if you would like to go but have not received the directions.

Thanks,

Allen

Timber_tiger
07-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Timber tigers have no sense of direction. Horses are worse. Please send directions as soon as possible.

Brent

Bushcraft
07-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Oops, I sent it to "timbertiger".

PM inbound.

Allen