PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff from down range...

Texas JTAC
04-23-2010, 09:27 AM
(TR7) Antidote 51 this is Terminator 7
(AE51) Go for 51
(TR7) Gopher 51 get off the net, I'm trying to reach the Antidote element...
(TR7) Antidote 51, Terminator 7!
(AE51) GO. FOR. 51.
(TR7) Do we have a Gopher element? Are they part of the engineers?
(AE51) Terminator 7 this is Antidote 51, go ahead, over...(exasperated as heck)

The point of this thread is light hearted, note this actually happened to me OTW, didn't realize it at the time but it makes for a great joke, keep it running.

jensenmk
04-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Following proper radio procedures and using correct pro-words would eliminate exchanges like that....:rolleyes:

Just because Jack says it on '24' doesn't make it a good idea for a tactical net in theatre....:eek:

I understand this is intended as funny, but dumb **** gets people killed.

Texas JTAC
04-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Sorry I'm not in the army, I dont say break in the middle of a tx, I'm AF, we do things a certain way for a reason...(saying break on a net when an F16 is overhead causes them to think "oh balls! somebodies shooting at me!" is a good example...

jensenmk
04-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Understood.

Brevity is important as well...coherent brevity and standard format reports with numbered lines eliminates the requirement to use the pro-word 'break' when talking to aircraft.;) Whether this was done by design or a pleasant side effect, is open to discussion.:D

I understand that all the services have little quirks about radio procedure; following your service's own SOP and understanding the SOP of the sister service your are working with/supporting reduces confusion and other ugliness.

FYI - this is not the first time I've had a discussion with an Airman about radio procedures.:p

rwandrw
04-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Dead weight in the TOC:
BlackJack xray OP3 heard shot fired
Roger OP3 will send it up
(On the Squadron net)

Saber xray Black Jack xray shotS fired at OP3 over
Roger BlackJack will spin up QRF

(WE cut in as we were on both nets) NEGATIVE NEGATIVE SABER just ONE shot fired not sure of directions (no need to roll QRF!)

rwandrw
04-24-2010, 02:07 PM
During the bewitching hour before shift change we are in the tank waiting just in case

Lighting 5 Black Xray OP 2 under attack can you roll early?
Roger Xray moving now!

"Driver let go!"
(now our ACU tops were still off as we were doing housekeeping tasks waiting for our SP in 45mins

HEY Driver stop the Command Sergeant Major is waving us down
(STOPPED)..out on the turre,t jump to front slope
What is it CSM?
CSM "You have to have your tops on when you are outside......

(not waiting for the rest of his statement I jump back in the tank and "Driver, GO GO GO! CSM jumps back as a wall of dust and a blast of Jet engine heat blow over him...

Texas JTAC
05-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Not from DR but still funny...

SMitty- 'Call contact Ft. Polk'

Female Pilot- 'Contact'

SMitty- 'would like to establish the length of Ft. Polk as a unit of measure'

Female Pilot- 'your unit, is too large'

SMitty- 'say, again'