PDA

View Full Version : Navigator and pointman mix

tsette
11-03-2003, 04:28 AM
Has anyone used the navigator and pointman togather in military ops?

I was thinking of using the pair instead of getting the MMR and pointman. My idea is that the Navigator will carry my sleep system, cloths extra boots, some ammo and other non immediate essentials. The pointman will carry the prc-119 and have all of the immediate mission essential(extra smoke, frags, maps, flares, ammo, etc.).

Is this configuration good or too wide going out the back? Anyone tried it yet? I think this would be an excellent configuration for an infantryman, but I wanted to see what others say first. Or should I use the MMR and the pointman?

LT

Moloch38
11-03-2003, 09:05 AM
seems like a mighty big set up. Are you piggy backing these or leaving one in base and taking the other out?

tsette
11-03-2003, 10:14 AM
MOLOCH AKA "EL CADETCHE" I WOULD BE USING THEM BOTH TOGATHER. PIGGYBACKING.

THIS I THINK WOULD BE THE SAME SIZE AS A LARGE ALICE, BUT THE CENTER OF GRAVITY MIGHT BE OFF A LITTLE BECAUSE THE HEAVY STUFF WOULD BE IN THE LIGHTER RUCK.

THIS IS WHY IM ASKING IF ANYONE HAS DONE IT AND HOW IT FEELS.

HAS ANYONE TRIED IT?

LT

tsette
11-03-2003, 10:20 AM
ACTUALLY LOOKING AT THE SIZE I THINK THE NAVIGATOR AND MARAUDER WOULD BE A BETTER MIX?

ANYONE AGREE?

BuckarooMedic
11-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Tsette-

I use the Navigator/Marauder combo for military ops. I'm a treatment team leader for a NG Area Support Med Bn. This combo works very well for me. Very rugged. I use the Marauder as a combo aid bag and mission essential equipment pack. I put all my other stuff in the Navigator (sleep system, stove, uniforms, food, etc). I have not really "humped" the combo that much as we are "Humveeborne" and don't walk much anymore. I like this combo alot. I used to have a Tactical Tailor modified large ALICE ruck with a TT 3-day pack. The Navigator/Marauder combo works so much better and is a helluvalot more comfortable to wear. Kifaru's craftsmanship is top notch and their customer service is outstanding. With all that in mind, let me give you my two cents worth. Having spent the early part of my military career as a medic assigned to light and mech infantry, I would recommend the MMR and Marauder as a better combo for you because of the kind of loads the infantry carries. I think you would appreciate just a bit more room than the Navigator/Marauder provides. If you want to stick with the Navigator/Marauder combo, I would definately recommend a couple of external pockets. If I were to buy it all over again, I would get the MMR/Marauder combo. I think the expandable spindriff and top lid would make packing and certain missions easier. The removable top lid on the MMR would be nice for often used small items and/or to expand the carrying potential of the Marauder. The Navigator, in my opinion, is somewhat limited in its expansion potential.

I hope this helps a little. I probably just confused the issue. Whichever combo you decide on, you are going to love it.

Good luck and take care . . .

tsette
11-03-2003, 05:30 PM
Rgr I was thinking that might be better.

Thanks for the info.

You know right now Im using a tactail mod ruck with a three day. Dam aren't we on the same page.

Thanks for your experience, you might save me some money.

LT out