PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NW Summer Rondy

Randy
03-31-2010, 01:49 PM
So Bushcraft hinted at a full-on, on your own two feet backcountry adventure in Evan's Steens photo essay.

What's brewing in your jumble of maps, and Google Earth research Allen?:)

Bushcraft
03-31-2010, 09:10 PM
What's brewing you ask? Hmmm...let's just take a peek at the ingredients for this year's human powered backcountry wilderness get-together:

A comfortable, reasonably challenging adventure afield with other like-minded men, women and children.
Something worthy of doing and reflecting upon whenever one is reminded of the excursion (think: annual rondy-hat motto).
Gorgeous scenic vistas.
Excellent fishing (at least for those that know how to fish).
A variety of dayhike opportunities for those inclined - to suit a wide variety of ability/ambition or interest in a bit of wilderness solitude. 10-miler fun run anyone?
Seclusion/Exclusion from the libtard REI-esque crowd.
Emergency ex-fill availability for those prone to playing with sharp things in the wilderness.
Not so strenuous as to prohibit or reduce in any material way the many, many pounds of divine wild red meat procured afield by attendees to be prepared over a genuine and nearly constant white-man fire, with special emphasis on KevinB's masterfully prepared venison sausage. That, and beer. And concentrated derivatives thereof. And too, if I and others may be so bold, a veritable buffet of my and others' apprenticefully prepared ribs, chops, sausage, jerky, stir-fry, salads, desserts, etc.
In short Randy, its back to the roots of what sets the NW Kifaru Rondy apart from all others. We are going to "get back into the back of beyond" where such a summertime retreat from the rat-race ought to take place.

Allen

Randy
04-01-2010, 07:12 AM
I suppose we could roll into an 'un-named' lake or there-abouts with some elusive golden trout. Day hike opportunities abound with a high peak, majestic views and a few goats for our viewing pleasure.

IIRC there are a few strategically plotted points on a GPS in the next basin with a beautiful little stream meandering through an alpine meadow that might do well.

The mileage is no more than our foot-powered trek to the Rondy site at Deep Creek, however, it is tipped up on edge somewhat:) Exfil for those practicing their knife-handling may be a bit more strenuous. There would be few if any REI-types up there. It would be excellent for determining ones level of fitness and how they handle uphill treks. That said, it may also mean those who are inclined toward a family adventure may be loaded to the gils and ready to throttle the guy who forwards the GPS coordinates and instructions:) I personally like the spot.

Any other locales come to mind at this point?

snakey2
04-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Since I don't know the spot I will prepare for the worst but I plan on being there. I am always leery when Bushcraft says it isn't too bad. Night hiking anyone?

evanhill
04-01-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm not concerned at all about the choice of locations. Weight isn't an issue -- I've got my trusty Dana terraframe with Kifaru hipbelt. No problem on the morale front either. Allen will be personally responsible for hiking with Pia and Lula to make sure they arrive in a good mood. After all, it's about time he starts training for having children (which is a lot different than training for making children). :)

edit: ...and Allen's nephews only partly count. first of all, he might have girls instead of boys. different psychology. second, since he almost shot their dog, I'd say there is still plenty of benefit to be derived from extended exasperation training.

Jason
04-01-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm not concerned at all about the choice of locations. Weight isn't an issue -- I've got my trusty Dana terraframe with Kifaru hipbelt. No problem on the morale front either. Allen will be personally responsible for hiking with Pia and Lula to make sure they arrive in a good mood. After all, it's about time he starts training for having children (which is a lot different than training for making children). :)

edit: ...and Allen's nephews only partly count. first of all, he might have girls instead of boys. different psychology. second, since he almost shot their dog, I'd say there is still plenty of benefit to be derived from extended exasperation training.

If the dates line up, I'll help Allen. My training regiment has probably been the same as his, and I've got a strong hunch (call it cynicism) that I'll end up with daughters at some point.

Bushcraft
04-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Fear not Jason!

It's my understanding that the following measures will push the odds firmly into the XY category for you, as I hope they will me (perhaps as high as 85%):

Wear boxers and loose fitting jeans. The girl swimmers flourish in consistenly warmer temps. Not so good for the boy swimmers.
Wear ice-packs. See above.
"Donate" as often as possible. Apparently male swimmers make it off the assembly line faster than their female counterparts, but become listless, bored and underperform when they are forced to stand ready by the side of the pool for too long. Especially if it is hot out. Go figure.
Get yourself a centrifuge and a turkey baster. XX swimmers are heavier than XY swimmers. You get the idea.
In practically no time at all - that is if you have a wife that's amenable to the procedure and preferably has a natural clock that can be used to determine the +/- milisecond accuracy of an atomic clock (if not, find another), you'll be stomping through the backcountry with a brood of XY +P's that you shouldn't ever have to coddle. Especially if you've raised them in an appropriately Spartan-like manner and equip them with suitable headlamps.

Bushcraft
04-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Evan,

I definitely took note of the first and last parts of what you said...

I'm not concerned at all about the choice of locations.....I'd say there is still plenty of benefit to be derived from extended exasperation training. - Evan Hill, 9:04AM April 1st, 2010

Excellent! That's just the sort of positive, go-getter attitude I expected from you!

Now what was all that other stuff you brought up?

evanhill
04-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Allen, I believe you've just passed the qualification test required to be editor of the Harvard Law Review. Who knows, if you make the right friends and live in a corrupt enough city, you might have a future in national politics.

Patrick
04-01-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm bringing my latest whiz-bang headlamp and two dozen batteries. (Woods Walker-approved gizmo, ftr.)

Advise same for all victims...uh, participants.

Just kidding. (This little jibe is in oblique reference to the Numero Uno NW Rendezvous, the legendary jaunt that earned, richly, bushcraft's alternate sobriquet: "Bushwhack". Those of you pilgrims who survived that one will remember....)

Great fun!!!

Jason
04-02-2010, 03:20 AM
Wow Allen, thanks for the concise breakdown. You almost lost me at the ice packs, but then I remembered the benefits/consequences of the outcome and deem it worth the sacrifice. My wife thinks twin girls would be "fun," so I'll watch for any subterfuge on her part.

snakey2
04-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Don't be too hard on the girls, my daughter made it through the first one!!! She hates me now but that was a small price to pay for her company. She now wants a K pack in order to go on any more.

evanhill
04-02-2010, 10:46 AM
You guys have it all wrong. Women are the foundation of community, and community is the foundation of just about everything of value we've accomplished on this planet. You'll do a lot more good for the world raising girls than boys!

Jason
04-02-2010, 12:08 PM
I'll check back with you during the teen years. :D

I'm actually prepared (and excited) for any children we have. They'll each have their own challenges, unique to them.

GlennGTR
04-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Have we picked a spot yet? How about a rally point where we could all meet before heading into said wilderness area? Do we even know what state we are talking about? I am game will probably just come with my oldest boy and maybe my daughter.

?

Bushcraft
04-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Glenn,

I'll be sending out the details closer to the date (typically mid-to end of July).

Allen

disillusionedpatriot
04-02-2010, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=Jason;225748]I'll check back with you during the teen years. QUOTE]

I'm there. It ain't a walk in the park. The light in the tunnel seems to be receeding.

David in OR
04-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeah, one of my daughters tried to disown me for a while then <lol>. It does get better. Funny, though, of the three (two girls, one boy), she was the only one to give me much grief. Coincidentally, of the three, she's the most like her dad.

Evan, very well said. We should respect and support our women and girls--and know when to attack in reverse and just get outta Dodge for a while. :)

Randy
04-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Jeez,

I was just inquiring about possible locales, secret fishing holes and thick, bushwhacking country:) This thread took more turns than a typical "it's not that far or too steep" type of ramble Bushcraft is famous for.

Seriously though, we need the youngsters and ladies to join us on this gathering. They're the ones who support our nutty adventures, safes full of guns and too many fly rods in the closet.

Bushcraft
04-04-2010, 05:09 PM
...nutty adventures, safes full of guns and too many fly rods in the closet
Blasphemy!!!

Rest assured that able bodied children ought to be able to join us on this backcountry gathering. And, our spartan-like women are a given, almost regardless of destination. I wouldn't dare to infer otherwise.

From one of the best movies ever...

"Consider the fate of your women."

"Clearly, you don't know our women. I might as well have marched them up here, judging by what I've seen."

Where else but a NW Kifaru Summer Rondy can one go and overhear a group of happy, healthy, fit, intelligent, beautiful women merrily chatting away amongst themselves in the middle of a wilderness setting on the merits of caliber selection, semi-auto vs. revolver and preferred form of concealed carry?

disillusionedpatriot
04-05-2010, 10:55 AM
I'll toss in once again a different sort of concept for the summer rondy. First week of August (or thereabout) camp down at Ilwaco, catch salmon in charter boat or off the jetty. Charter trips run about $100/person. Sometimes you break even in terms of the retail value of the salmon.

JBR
04-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Emergency ex-fill availability for those prone to playing with sharp things in the wilderness.

...always a good idea I've learned.

Exfil for those practicing their knife-handling may be a bit more strenuous.

....lightening never strikes twice anyway, right?

Where else but a NW Kifaru Summer Rondy can one go and overhear a group of happy, healthy, fit, intelligent, beautiful women merrily chatting away amongst themselves in the middle of a wilderness setting on the merits of caliber selection, semi-auto vs. revolver and preferred form of concealed carry?

....that one even made my wife smile. Quite true I might add.

I feel I've been outta the loop for a while, so glad we're back to talking/planning the next Rondy. My oldest son...aka 'knife block' will be turning 13 years old on July 23rd. I think the Rondy (if held on the weekend of July 23-25th) would be a perfect adventure for us to share together. Just FYI, my vote is for the usual July 23-25th, as we have plans the weekends before and after that can't be changed.

Also would look forward to some destinations that are good fishing areas!!

Bushcraft
04-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Excellent. I'll have to check my calendar as I think I need to fly out the week after, but I think July 23-25th sounds fine.

Randy
04-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I'll second the July 23-25 time frame. Keeps it consistent with previous Rondy's.

MikeB.
04-14-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm for that weekend as well. It's already on my work calendar.

As for accessibility, I think my whole clan will be coming for the whole weekend, so a location that an ambitious 4-year old can make would be great. It should be manageable for my kids, too. :D

Jason
04-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Believe it or not, that weekend FINALLY works for my employment schedule too!!!!!!!!

I'll still have to check with my better half, since she's always signing us up for things I'm unaware of until it's too late.

snakey2
04-15-2010, 09:33 AM
The on call schedule isn't set for that month yet so I should be able to wrangle it. Starting to shape up to be a good summer.

Kevin B
04-17-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm a big "?".

My business is moving with an 8-1 lease expiration. I'll have some early access to the new space so I'm working on it. I can't really imagine not being there, we'll see.

David in OR
04-17-2010, 09:46 AM
If I make it I'll have to leave early. Got family coming in to visit on the 25th.

JBR
04-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Well, provided we have a tenative date, we should start turning our attention to location. My PERSONAL opinion, is that it should of course center around quality fishing opportunities. There are always plenty of beautiful areas to hike in and places to shoot, but finding quality fishing has to be more intentional.

disillusionedpatriot
04-19-2010, 08:59 PM
I know a route that with some planning could be made into a through hike. The first section is about a 4 mile "two humper" to a lake, elevation gain maybe 1000' plus 500'. The second section would be a drop in elevation then a fairly long flat hike out, perhaps 8 miles. A lake at the midpoint is pretty much untouched for fishing. Young children wouldn't enjoy this hike, even 13 year-olds might have a tough time. Bicycles not permitted.

Big W
04-19-2010, 09:15 PM
I would like to join on this one, if i am invited that is, :confused:

Bushcraft
04-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Big W,

We are a very exclusive bunch. We only allow anyone to join us.

DP,

Shoot me some coordinates.

christianh
04-20-2010, 03:14 AM
Bushcraft, et al

I'll throw this idea out again. This will be the last year that the upper Icicle Basin will be a walk in. They are supposed to punch the road in Fall 2010. Currently the road ends at the wash-out just past Ida Creek Campground, a gated cat trail approx 1/2 mile bypasses the wash-out and reconnects to the main road. From road end to Rock Island campground is approx. 3.5 miles and Black Pine Campground is 5 miles. Options are hike/bike/pull cart, or wheeled golf caddy the road, or hike the road to Chatter Creek Guard Station and hike either the north or south side trails of the Icicle Gorge. Fishing options include the Icicle itself, a 5 mile day hike to Trout Lake (I wonder why they call it that?), or for the masochist - cross country/slide alder/boulder field to Sylvester Lake.

Chris

Bushcraft
04-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Hmmmmmm...slide alder you say? Let's talk.

DWP
06-03-2010, 09:11 AM
I look forward to finding out what this "rondy" thing is all about. Since I am my own boss and currently have little work I should be able to make it anytime after the 12th of July. Fish cooked over an open flame sounds very appealing, it has been far too long.

disillusionedpatriot
06-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Bushcraft,

On the concept I described to you, the last section could be set up for a family-oriented area and the through hikers could be set up to meet them at the end.

For example, if the through-hikers started off Thursday, we could meet up at the family section on Saturday morning (mayby Friday evening) or some such thing.

snakey2
06-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey Bushcraft I just heard of a place called Broken Ankle Trail which leads through a place called Tangle Canyon (probably a local name which shows on no map nor is known to all but a few now dead humans) to a place called Devil's Point. Round trip is about 15 mi. Sounds like your kinda place. Families welcome!!!

disillusionedpatriot
06-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey Bushcraft I just heard of a place called Broken Ankle Trail which leads through a place called Tangle Canyon (probably a local name which shows on no map nor is known to all but a few now dead humans) to a place called Devil's Point. Round trip is about 15 mi. Sounds like your kinda place. Families welcome!!!

This sounds perfect. Meets all the criteria:

--Remote wilderness
--Adventurous route
--Large open place for a large group
--Fishing lake
--Easy-to-get-to
--Isolated
--No group limits
--bikes, pack animals, wheelbarrows, crutches, baby strollers, all ok

One evening as the sun went down
And the jungle fires were burning,
Down the track came a hobo hiking,
And he said, "Boys, I'm not turning
I'm headed for a land that's far away
Besides the crystal fountains
So come with me, we'll go and see
The Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
There's a land that's fair and bright,
Where the handouts grow on bushes
And you sleep out every night.
Where the boxcars all are empty
And the sun shines every day
And the birds and the bees
And the cigarette trees
The lemonade springs
Where the bluebird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains
All the cops have wooden legs
And the bulldogs all have rubber teeth
And the hens lay soft-boiled eggs
The farmers' trees are full of fruit
And the barns are full of hay
Oh I'm bound to go
Where there ain't no snow
Where the rain don't fall
The winds don't blow

You never change your socks
And the little streams of alcohol
Come trickling down the rocks
The brakemen have to tip their hats
And the railway bulls are blind
There's a lake of stew
And of whiskey too
You can paddle all around it
In a big canoe

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
The jails are made of tin.
And you can walk right out again,
As soon as you are in.
There ain't no short-handled shovels,
No axes, saws nor picks,
I'm bound to stay
Where you sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk
That invented work
I'll see you all this coming fall

David Walter
06-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Gents,

The weekend of 23-25 July should work for me and Andrea and family. I think every other time it conflicted with my Reserve weekend.

I spend nights in Iraq dreaming of coming home and making it to the rondy....

Bushcraft
06-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Excellent! This year's attendance is shaping up nicely.

I'm looking forward to seeing you and the family again David.

Bushcraft
06-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Regarding some of the other commentary...

They say an average man can get in reasonable shape for a marathon in 60 days.

44 days out and counting gentlemen and gentlewomen. ;):D

Tracy
06-09-2010, 12:03 AM
...I will prepare for the worst.... I am always leery when Bushcraft says it isn't too bad. Night hiking anyone?

Ahhh, you're a wise man, Snakey. If Bushwhack, um Bushcraft, is picking the spot, better make sure you've plenty of batteries and good boots. ;)

scothill
06-09-2010, 01:51 PM
So the question is when is the spot going to be unveiled? It might help folks plan if you confirm the rumor of 3,000 feet of elevation gain in 4 miles. Especially those with famlies. Also are their fish in the lake?

snakey2
06-09-2010, 04:31 PM
I thought it was 4 mi in elevation gain in 3000 ft!

half bubble
06-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Could I catch a ride with someone from Seattle area?

Ed C
06-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Regarding some of the other commentary...

They say an average man can get in reasonable shape for a marathon in 60 days.

44 days out and counting gentlemen and gentlewomen. ;):D

Speaking of which---How are you doing on your training?
You are usually ready to roll by mid summer. ???

Lets go for a [see what kind of shape we are in] weekender.
An easy 20 miler or something;)

Wanderlustr
06-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Lets go for a [see what kind of shape we are in] weekender.
An easy 20 miler or something;)

Really.... you doing 10 mile days with the pack Ed?

evanhill
06-09-2010, 10:22 PM
I think Ed is talking about Dolly.

Ed C
06-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Really.... you doing 10 mile days with the pack Ed?

Hell no. I've been in the gym I want to get out and see if it's working.

Evan is right I have been doing 10 milers on Dolly. Now I need to see how I can do.

You want to go on a conditioning hike? Maybe catch some fish?

Bushcraft
06-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Scot,

Whatchutalkinboutwillis??? Are you talking about the scenic day hike, or???

I thought it was 4 mi in elevation gain in 3000 ft! - Snakey

Excellent!

Bushcraft
06-09-2010, 11:08 PM
EdC,

Unfortunately, I've only got a few glimmers of hope to get out this month. Seems all the cool places are still getting dumps of the white stuff anyway. :(

Maybe we can put a trip together in July or August, August especially for blackies???

Wanderlustr
06-09-2010, 11:44 PM
You want to go on a conditioning hike? Maybe catch some fish?

I would like that - I have been getting out a fair amount but not catching any fish lately. Send me a PM and maybe we can figure out how to fix that.

Ed C
06-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Bitt- lets do it then. might have to be on west side [lower elevation]

Randy
06-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Ed,

I'll (most likely) be in Yak within the next couple of weeks. Big family to-do 26-27, but I'm kinda eyeing the July 4 weekend for a recon of the Rondy spot and a "real" mileage measurement:).

Wanderlustr
06-10-2010, 08:40 AM
I am good to go whenever. Just let me know. How's this weekend?
My wife and I did a week in and around the the Pasyten a couple weeks ago. I enjoyed it so much I picked up a finish job on a cabin up the Lost River above Mazama, so I'll be over there - you know.. "working ;)" from time to time this summer.

scothill
06-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Scot,

Whatchutalkinboutwillis??? Are you talking about the scenic day hike, or???

Excellent!

That is my point. Rumors are going around. So simply put. Where is the rondee site this summer?

Bushcraft
06-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Washington

Bushcraft
06-15-2010, 12:44 AM
I went up to check on the snow pack this past weekend on my way back from E-burg. It was nice to gaze upon my old highcountry haunts and envision the pursuit of bear, deer and elk in a few short months.

Most of the more interesting areas that are geographically desirable for this sort of thing are still under at least 3-6 feet of snow...as usual.

The dates are fixed, but the exact location is always pretty fluid until a few weeks out. I try to not get too wound up about the actual location until the roads and trail conditions are known quanities.

One of the places I'm contemplating for this year's rondy is about 4.5 miles with only 1,450' elevation gain to an alpine lake. Good access and accomodations for the group. There was decent fishing the last time I was there and it's likely to have had little to no pressure for a few years. (Read: even Scot should be able to catch a fish) Short hike to some stunner 360 degree views. There's a bonus I'll disclose beforehand to attendees if we end up going there. I'll be calling some of the rondy vets in the near future for their input/feedback.

Another locale is a relatively easy hike with a little over 4 miles and 3,000' of elevation gain to another picturesque alpine lake. Again, decent access and accomodations for a group our size. Fishing (bonus: opportunity for some very elusive Golden Trout). Also has a few short hikes to some awesome views. Strong possibility of seeing some mountain goats near camp.

I've got a good car camping spot picked out as a failsafe if the weather threatens to rain the whole weekend. Great place to shoot out to 350 - 400 and there is fresh water nearby. No fishing. Great views of Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, Rainier, etc.

Jason
06-15-2010, 01:46 AM
They sound like good locations Allen. Beautiful vistas are naturally expected, but I hope the option to fly fish is a priority in location selection.

Are mosquitos a problem (thick) in any of the areas? Any rugged off-trail hikes, or can I leave my seven pound boots at home?

evanhill
06-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Jason, at your size and strength, you're expected to *always* wear seven pound boots as a natural handicap. Come to think of it, why on earth did I free you from snowshoes by selling you those Karvers?

I imagine both locations involve off trail. An alpine lake that is only 4.5 / 1450 in and hasn't been fished in a while? Off trail. The other one has some off trail too.

Bushcraft
06-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Let's just say the 4.5/1,450 is one of those gems that's overlooked, for a reason. Some might construe a portion of the second locale I mentioned to be off-trail.

Sadly, some of the nicest spots I'd like to take the group into that have great fishing and amazing vistas are either off-trail, higher mileage - both via vehicle and on foot, too much elevation gain, or a combination thereof. But, those are great for 1-4 person "mini-rondy" weekend longbombs that can occur most any time during the rest of the summer and early fall.

It's always a challenge to find a new suitable spot while taking into account all of the different variables that come into play. Personally, I'd love to go back to the locale of the "Bushwack This!" 2006 NW Rondezvous, via 8 miles or so - most of which is an easy ridge-run along the PCT that has hardly any elevation gain/loss. To my way of thinking, it has all the best attributes. It's reasonably remote enough to weed out the culls, good fishing for those that know how to fish, beautiful vistas, good trail, great non-REI campsite, excellent driving access and parking, etc. The only drawback is that there is no late-night arrival trailhead car-camping. We could car-camp nearby at a pretty decent location on the first night (Thursday) and then convoy up to the TH and hike in together to the site on Friday morning and enjoy three days of fellowship in some beautiful backcountry.

Jason
06-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Any of the above sounds great Allen. The only caveat on the PCT locale is having a contingency plan for late arrivals---------like me who's first day off is Friday, not Thursday.

Thanks Evan, I really feel the love. :D I think you sold me the Karvers just to watch a tall awkward guy do face-plants.

Bushcraft
06-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Jason,

We'll keep the light on for you on Thursday night. Besides, we need you to be there early Friday so as to fill up your pack with heavy consumables such as steak, sausage and beer for the infill. Otherwise, it will suck for you to deathmarch in all alone and be forced to sit and watch the de rigueur carnivore fest.

And BTW, if your pack doesn't resemble the following monstrosity, you're not trying hard enough:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d11/ARE001/2009%20NW%20Rondy/DSC05671.jpg

;)

Randy
06-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Based on an earlier conversation, I'd opt for the first choice if...we have a number of ladies and kids wishing to join us again this year. Fairly easy access and kid-friendly. Meaning wheeled transport may be an option as it has been.

Option 2 is a good hike. Not easy, but I think youngsters can make it if we don't make it a foot-race. Allen and pushed this trail 2 summers ago and made it to our camp in about 3 hours, part of it, as is now SOP, in the dark:) It is literally all trail. Not good trail, but trail and has adequate trail-head camping and parking and very few weekend hikers. There is fishing, but it will frustrate the best of you.

Bushwack This...a great locale, but may be too much for kids and the parents that are carrying all their stuff. Great vistas, great fishing opportunities and lots of great mountain scenery.

That said, I think we need to get a feel for the group make-up, then decide our best option for the finale locale. I'm sure Allen can create one of those cool survey tools and poll the group with all his 'spare' time. FWIW...I'm going to try to make a run into option 2 over July 4 and check on snow, actual mileage and try to catch 'the' Golden Trout:)

Big W
06-15-2010, 09:31 PM
hmmm, What is the location and how many people are going? Let's get this thing figured out. I need to know how much beer and sasuage i need to bring :).

Jason
06-15-2010, 09:49 PM
And T.P. :D