PDA

View Full Version : Pointman Suggestion

Arikara6
03-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Friends,
I'm on my 4th point of contact when it comes to pictures (I'll get on it if there's interest). I just got back from Afghanistan, where my G1 Pointman served my well - but I longed for more organization - with my existing pack's outstanding load capacity, aside from using pullouts.

When I got home, on a whim, I picked up a Lock and Load #7. I took it into Tactical Tailor (one of the many benefits of being stationed at Fort Lewis, though any sew-shop would be able to drop it in), and had them sew it into the lid. It worked out REALLY well! Big enough to hold first aid and other gear that I need immediately handy, and coupled with a few chambers, keeps everything perfectly organized. Doesn't interfere with either of the zippers either.

All in all, just made me love my pack that much more!

rhunter424
03-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Glad to hear you made it back safe! First off, pictures are always welcome. Secondly, you raise a good point. The G2 versions of the scout and express got internal lid pockets (with the xray and mollex already having them). It'd definitely be a huge space to keep some gear out of the way.