PDA

View Full Version : Kifaru in Cadpat, Marpat...?

MajorPayne
10-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Mel T,

This is my first post on this board. Hello to all.

Am I able to special order Kifaru products in the following colours/patterns?

Cadpat
Marpat
Danish Camo
Swedish Camo

If so, what is the additional cost and wait time?

Are these codura choices available?

Thanks kindly...

Mel
10-29-2003, 07:34 PM
Hey MajorPayne, welcome to the board. I just got off of AssaultWeb and answered your post there, but I'll post it here also. We don't offer the colors you list, but if you send in the fabric, we can build it. Just call the shop for the cost and wait time for a custom order. At this time we only offer Coyote Brown and OD as our standard colors, with Desert Tiger Stripe and Woodland Camo available for a 10% surcharge. Hope this helps.

Mel

MajorPayne
10-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Hi Mel T. I got your reply on Assault Web. Thanks for the speedy reply.

I will be placing an order in the next month. What is the wait time for an MMR, NAVIGATOR, and SCOUT?

pinepig5
10-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Major- do you have a source for marpat or cadpat cordura?

Moloch38
10-30-2003, 05:56 AM
If you build it, they will come.

MajorPayne
10-30-2003, 09:48 AM
pinepig5,

There is a gearmaker here in Edmonton that is one of three who is licenced by the Canadian gov't to use Cadpat. I am not sure if he uses Marpat and I am unsure if Cadpat cordura is available to buy from this maker in raw yardage form. I would think not however, I will ask. I am waiting for a reply as to which cordura (Marpat) is available for use for gear. It appears he has Jungle Stalker (Digi Woodland) and one called Digi CAD, which is darker than the JS. Here is a link to his site:

http://www.dropzonetactical.com/colorchart.html

Please do not flood him with emails. Allow me to communicate first.

MajorPayne
10-30-2003, 05:36 PM
Email Brian Kroon and ask about the availability of Cadpat and Marpat. It is best to deal directly with Brian as a source of these cordura patterns.

5x5
11-01-2003, 08:58 AM
Just a heads up. A copy of cadpat called digitized jungle stalker is available in 1000d cordura from tactical concealment.com for $18 per yard. Ian

MajorPayne
11-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Cadpat and Marpat cordura are not available. Yes, Jungle Stalker is and is a decent substitute.

pinepig5
11-02-2003, 06:35 PM
I actually have Jungle Stalker already, which I bought for $8 per yard with a 10 yard minimum, but that place is currently out of the US made "digi-cad" that is similar to cadpat. Real cadpat cannot be had legally in raw material- I was shooting for the US-made fake stuff, which is fine, from someone like me that is not looking to gouge on the resale. I have almost five yards of jungle stalker left for trade if someone has the cadpat. I don't care alot about marpat as it is a bit too red-brown for my environment, but I would take a little if it's out there since I roam quite a bit to other playgrounds. What I like about Kifaru/pals is that since one could have pouches made in different colors and since they cover most of the pack, I can change colors at will over my OD base.