PDA

View Full Version : Petty at the Gorge Rendezvous?

disillusionedpatriot
03-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm going to see Petty June 11 and June 12. I've got my tickets for the 11th via radio special. General sales start Monday for both dates.

Anyone interested in meeting up there and setting up Kifarutown?

I'm bringing my volleyball net, and lots to stay hydrated with. Camping at the Gorge lot.

disillusionedpatriot
06-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Well-attended rondy both nights. Had a constant stream of compliments and questions about the 8-man. It served as a main navigation point for many people coming and going to the concert or concession building. (Read: drunks can recognize a simple conical shape.)

Petty puts on a high-quality tour with superb musicianship (http://www.tompetty.com/tour). Joe Cocker seems to have lost the spastic in his act over the years and he also put on a good show. Friday night had some good seat about 10 yards from the stage. Sound was amazingly good that close. Saturday just general seating, just nice to relax and listen.

Based on my observation of the crowd, 70% of the population of Washington state smokes tobacco and 30% smoke marijuana (overlapping). At times, especially on the second night up in the general section, a fireman's breathing apparatus might have been useful. Many persons in their 20's basically wasted money on the concert, being as they were too drunk to enjoy the experience. Watched a half-gallon of Patron get guzzled by four guys in the line after the supposed no-alcohol point.

Jason
06-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Glad you enjoyed the concert DP. Sounds like you could have made a tiny fortune cooking and selling snacks in your 8man. :D

disillusionedpatriot
06-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Surprising how many 20-yo's show up at these old-timers concerts. The music is good but it appears to me they're trying to live out some hippie fantasy and kind of miss the mark.

But yeah, let's just say I was with some milfs (not mine) that sure were into "adopting" some of the youngsters.

David in OR
06-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Nice to hear that Joe Cocker is still kicking.