PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Rondy

aklivin
02-09-2010, 03:01 PM
OK, so all these Rondy pics have got me jealous and I feel the need to get out and set up a tipi. I am proposing an ALASKA Rondy in the Interior. The event would include traveling out to a remote cabin on a large mostly dry river drainage. We will be stopping off to set up a tipi and do some rainbow trout ice fishing. Activities will also include camping, cooking, skiing, snowboarding, cutting lots of wood and shooting various rifles, pistols etc:

60 or more miles travel in the backcountry – about 30 in and 30 out. – YOUR choice of transportation. Trail begins near Delta or about 100 miles east of Fairbanks. I’d like to stay at least two nights, maybe more depending on schedules, temps and how hungry the fish are. When I say transportation, I mean 4x4 truck with mud terrain tires, chains cant hurt, or snowmachines, or 4 wheelers, or skis or whatever you like to travel in. I can provide and will be bringing 3 or more vehicles capable to make it – 2 snowmachines, my 4wheelers are already in. We will most likely be breaking trail in –should be a fun trip. Essentially, this is my hunting - stomping grounds and I am planning a trip out to my cabin, so I am extending a Kifaru invitation. I don’ t expect any Kifaru reps to show up, but all are welcome just the same. I just ask all to respect the area and respect the fact that we will most likely be alone and have all the wonderful fishing to ourselves – this area is not super accessible without a guide. This is just an initial feeler to see how many might be interested in coming – hope to get out mid March or maybe sooner. Any interest from the group? Please ask any questions or have any other suggestions…

Sawtooth
02-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Wow! What a great idea! I hope you have some takers!

GJZ
02-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Aklivin,

I would be there in a second if I didn't have so much going on and would bring all the other Kifaru bloodbrothers/sisters if I could!!

Good luck with the idea though we always have a great time at the Adirondack ECR!!!

Take-a-knee
02-09-2010, 09:15 PM
I wish I could come, it would only be about a ten thousand mile drive. I've missed AK ever since I left.

Uncle Jake
02-10-2010, 12:21 AM
I am interested, but let me think about it. Scheduling....:rolleyes:

aklivin
02-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Sounds good Uncle Jake - hope to hear from others as well. We are having some crazy warm weather here (45F) today and I'm afraid the river might be too high to cross if we wait too far into March. I am taking a Samurai out this weekend to check conditions and will update when I get back. Gotta love bluebird sunny skies and 45 degrees in February!

Uncle Jake
02-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Downright balmy. And slushy. Yech, I hate slush!

Greer
02-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Whats with this weather? You guys following the quest and Iditarod at all? Let me know about dates.