PDA

View Full Version : New EMR Hauler

revelation2012
02-04-2010, 07:21 PM
I took delivery on a new EMR Hauler with gun bearer yesterday. Today is the first I had a little time to fool with it. The first thing I noticed was how light it felt in this skeleton form. With the idea of PODs I am figureing I may be shedding some significant Kifaru weight in this configuration.

I am trying to figure out my setup for an up coming Javalina hunt later this month. Here is my first configuration attempts. I place my scout with all my E&E essentials on the top attachment points. I used the existing comression straps from the scout to D&L to the top attachment points of the EMR and one strap from the horizonatal lash kit. Next down is medium and large POD attached in the usual manner. I am going to be hauling my 8 year old kids stuff too. This is my first time to mess with it so things may change in the next two weeks. We'll be working from a fixed camp so most of this will drop when I get to camp. I will be adding a couple long pockets to the load with cooking gear and FAK. The last set of pics will be how I will hunt through the day except I will have camelbak hotshot with me. Hopefully I will have a javelina in the cargo chair. :)

Comments suggestions . . .?

Big W
02-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Nice setup. I know this is kinda off topic, but don't you wish there was PALS or tab loops on the front and back of the cargo chair? It would be nice to put some Lock and Load pouches or Long pockets on there.

revelation2012
02-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Nice setup. I know this is kinda off topic, but don't you wish there was PALS or tab loops on the front and back of the cargo chair? It would be nice to put some Lock and Load pouches or Long pockets on there.

I actually thought about it. It would enable you to keep the chair attached and folded up but leaving you with plenty of attachment points. Almost like an omni yoke surface.

Brotzie
02-05-2010, 09:36 AM
But surely it would also really mess with your center of gravity?

revelation2012
02-05-2010, 09:39 AM
But surely it would also really mess with your center of gravity?

Brotzie can you elaborate?

BrooklynBen
02-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the pics. (Good looking kit.)