PDA

View Full Version : Suspension system types?

ironmike86
01-19-2010, 08:33 PM
What's the suspension types on Kifaru packs. I just notices. They describe MMR with a Duplex suspension, Zulu with a wraptech and Marauder with Omni suspension. Is the Omni suspension just the belt? :confused:

evanhill
01-19-2010, 09:53 PM
It's all laid out on this page. Don't miss the tabs at the bottom of the page where you can click to get descriptions of each suspension:
https://www.kifaru.net/militarypacks.htm

straps
01-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Suspensions vary with the load the pack is rated for.

Omni is simple, far more adjustable than the suspensions on most other packs. All Omni packs have belts adjustable on 3 planes (tilt and tension), as well as considerable adjustability at the top & bottom of the shoulder straps (except for the X-Ray, which has no shoulder lift straps). All this allows you to tailor for your build, thickness of your clothing (and/or equipment harness or ballistic vest) plus weight distribution in the pack.

My personal preference is the Wrap Tech, which is a good balance of the comfort/complexity/adjustability equation. My Pointman carries like it was molded to me.

Far as the Duplex suspension on my MMR, I'm afraid to fiddle with that. I was pretty careful with the measurements I provided when I ordered the pack, and it felt right. Upside, I know that Mel or one of the folks at the company is a mere phone call away.

Kalidas
01-20-2010, 07:15 AM
If I remember correctly when I talked to Mel; he said that the Omni were set up for up to 30 lbs, the Wraptech to 50-60 lbs, and the Duplex were for higher than that. This is Max load to comfortably carry, obviously you can do less with any of the suspensions.