PDA

View Full Version : E&E Back Pouch with PALS

Mel
10-19-2003, 09:51 AM
I thought you guys might be interested in seeing this. These are some pics of our very first Back Pouch with flat webbing shoulder straps and PALS webbing on the back and sides. We had intended in the begining to offer it this way so it could be used as a simple grab and go E&amp;E type bag. We decided to just make it a pouch instead. Now we're thinking of building an enhanced version of our Back Pouch similar to this one here. What are your thoughts on this? This is the one and only right now, and I'll have it at the upcoming Kifaru Seminar, so you can check it out. Just click on this link Maggie put together. <a href="http://www.kifaru.net/MGmel.htm" target="_blank">http://www.kifaru.net/MGmel.htm (http://www.kifaru.net/MGmel.htm)</a>

Mel

molsen
10-19-2003, 10:02 AM
Mel,

That seems like a neat little piece of gear. Small, effective, to the point. About how many cubes were you thinking of making it?

Sgathak
10-19-2003, 11:38 AM
You mentioned something about this, and I forgot to follow up on it when you did.

I like it and would like to see more of it.

I have a Blackhawk Streamline load bearing pack that I got back in --- 99??? Its been around the world with me and still in great shape, has some really nice features on it too - buts uses ALICE not Molle, has limited attachment points, its small, and it certainly isnt worth the 97 bucks I paid for it.

Moloch38
10-19-2003, 01:32 PM
Is that pouch mounted on the back pouch in the 3rd row, 2nd col. yours? What is that little dude?

ibtrdia
10-19-2003, 02:50 PM
]Mel[

The E&amp;E pack reminds me of the MS belt pouch, with the double ladderloc for compression.

I would like to have Drings so that I'm also able to carry it as a shoulder bag.

Mel
10-19-2003, 04:49 PM
The size will be similar to the one in the pics. If you start getting to much larger, it would be more like an assault pack, instead of it's intended use as a simple E&amp;E bag. You can Dock and Lock it to the EMR/MMR like in the pic, or just put it sideways under the top lid. There might be a couple features added that wouldn't be too cost prohibitive, and still keep it simple.

The pics at the top have 5 TT mag pouches mounted on the Back Pouch. One on each side, and three across the back. Next on down is a TT mag pouch on each side, and a Paraclete Medium GP pouch mounted on the back. And finally at the bottom is a TT mag pouch on each side, and 2 TT Zip Utility pouches on the back. I've also had it setup with 2 of our Liter Pouches mounted on each side, and various other pouches mounted on the back.

If you have anymore questions or comments, keep them coming. Personally, I really like this little bag.

Mel

Patrick
10-19-2003, 05:18 PM
Hey Mel--

Let's not forget to look into a shoulder sling option, per ibtrdia's suggestion. I like it. Are you taking notes? Not to worry, we can just print this out.

Evans
10-19-2003, 10:15 PM
Mel,

I can't tell by the picture scale to the Marader. Can the E&amp;E used as an exterior pouch to the Marader?

--Evans

Mel
10-20-2003, 06:42 AM
Evans:

It is the same size as our Back Pouch and will fit onto the back panel of the Marauder, no problem.

Mel

Eagle6
10-20-2003, 06:52 AM
Very neat. The size looks just about right. Any pockets/compartments inside?

Razor
10-20-2003, 07:38 AM
Mel, excellent idea and great follow-through. A couple thoughts:
1) How about a small, elastic covered port on the top in case you want to run a hydration bladder inside instead of E&amp;R gear?

2) Perhaps extend the zipper a bit farther down the sides to make it easier to access stuff inside?

3) Perhaps sew four web loops (two top, two bottom) similar to Kifaru's duffles, to allow a user to mount the pouch horizontally as well as vertically?

Again, good show!

blackoak
10-20-2003, 04:11 PM
when can I get mine

militarymoron
10-20-2003, 05:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Patrick:
Hey Mel--
Let's not forget to look into a shoulder sling option, per ibtrdia's suggestion. I like it. Are you taking notes? Not to worry, we can just print this out.</div></div>i already use my back pouch/long pockets with a bandoleer strap using the existing webbing loops. from the pics, it looks like it's already setup for use with the bandoleer strap.
nice pouch, mel!
cheers,
MM

Mel
10-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Hey guys, I see some good suggestions here, and we will take them all into consideration when finalizing the design. At this time there are no internal pockets. Yes, it has tab loops at the zipper ends on the sides, where you could hook up a Bandolier strap. I was messing around with the E&amp;E Back Pouch today and found that a Claymore pocket will Dock n Lock on for a perfect fit on the back. I should have taken pics in that mode, but didn't think of it at the time. I'm looking forward to getting this E&amp;E Back Pouch into production.

Mel

TheSimpleton
10-22-2003, 10:51 AM
Mel--

I vote for the pack straps over the bandoleer, and they're right, a flat pocket by a double-layer on either front or back would be real handy for those little/paper things. It wouldn't need zippers or anything, but flat full-width velcro like the Alice top might be a plus.

Do you have a set purpose, or to replace the claymore/back design?

TS

Tank_Killer
10-22-2003, 10:52 AM
That's one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time. Any idea when these will be available?

Mel
10-22-2003, 08:37 PM
The E&amp;E Back Pouch will not be replacing any pouches. It will just be another option for those that want a small E&amp;E pack. It will be similar to the one in the pics, just a little more refined. As far as availability, I'd say in the not too distant future.

Mel

pinepig5
10-23-2003, 11:04 AM
I think it looks good as is. Two shoulder straps would be better, if one wants only one, they could cut one off. Not sure if there are two zippers, but in that case then a hydration tube can come out there, or even with one zipper at its termination. Or a guy could cut his own slit for this and bind the edges or melt em. I would say keep it farily simple, less expensive, and available soon.

Gunfighter
10-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Mel,
You guys never fail to amaze me. Outstanding idea. Most of the sugestions I have seen are really good. My only sugestion is to maybe incorporate a small zippered pouch to hold small high value items (like car keys, headspace &amp; timing keys, maps, incrip codes, wedding bands, etc.). Since it is an E &amp; E bag, a small, secure pouch would be a nice plus. Another idea would be to add 4 fastex clips to the pouch. Two at the top and two at the bottom. This way you can clip the shoulder straps in and out and also mount the pouch sideways on a pack with the dock and lock system when the shoulder straps are not used.

Gunfighter

Gunfighter
10-23-2003, 11:23 AM
One more thing, put me down for one.

6446mick
10-23-2003, 10:52 PM
I see this as a good simple pack to fill a niche in military load-bearing equipment. If this is to be an E&amp;E pack it needs to conform to a couple of rules:

1. Light
2. Easily accessible
3. Well constructed
4. Flexible in capacity

Light . In an E&amp;E situation extra weight is dangerous, and Easily accessible not wanted. The pack does not need to be the most comfortable pack ever constructed, it needs to be functional, two shoulder straps and enough room to hold your survival gear. If you are using this pack it has all gone wrong and you need to get away from that place quick. Extra weight to make a pack comfortable is not needed in this situation. Neither is any complicated design within the pack. An E&amp;E pack holds only simple items, water, food, ammo and wet or cold weather gear and item specific to terrain or situation. It does not need to have pouches to organise all of it on the inside of the pack, it adds extra weight where it does not give a great benefit.

Easily accessible – If you start to E&amp;E you want your grab bag and you want out of there. Dock n Lock is great for this, and this would work very well.

Well construted – Kifaru, need I say more

Flexable in capacity – Some times you work around water, some times in the air, some times on the ground. You need different kit to E&amp;E from each of these situations. Some times you may need a greater capacity than what the pack can handle. In comes MOLLE and an added pouch or two to solve that problem.

I really like this idea, and hope it continues to be developed. My thoughts are that it should remain simple, and light weight and the concept of what the pack is used for should be remembered when all of the great ideas are thrown up. Does making this change to the pack help the bloke on the ground conduct his E&amp;E? The extra weight of internal pouches, hydration hoses etc are great when conducting normal operations, but once you start to E&amp;E you want light weight gear with everything that is going to keep you alive until that freedom bird comes.

Mel
10-23-2003, 11:30 PM
Mick:

We are definately on the same page. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Mel

Evans
10-24-2003, 12:05 AM
Well, boyz, I am sold. I went over to Mel's today and spend no less than 3 hours going through the miltary line-up of packs and gear. I'VE SEEN THE LIGHT, LORD!

The E&amp;E is out of this world. Mel went through some of the final changes before he goes production, and it sounds solid.

Thanks, Mel, for spending the time with me. I wish my credit card could support my appetite.

AbnMedOps
10-24-2003, 12:41 AM
Mel, I think this "E&amp;E bag" really fills a niche, though perhaps less frequently used for actual "E&amp;E" than as a way of carrying snivel gear and today's MRE. Perhaps even more useful for CSS troops going about their daily jobs, in pallet yards, flight lines, guard detail, etc, than for Grunts who live with a rucksack at hand.
However, I do think that you should explore a different approach to the E&amp;E - instead of using the back pouch as the basic platform, what about modifying the detachable top lid of the EMR? Make it a zippered pouch about 1 or 2 inches deep, with shoulder straps. Very much like the "patrol pack" from the old "CFP-90 / Field Pack Large".
A refinement of this would make the underside of the EMR lid a clear plastic map window.
With this configuration, in a "bug-out" situation, you would have your survival gear as well as map/crypto.
Regards,
AbnMedOps

Sgathak
10-24-2003, 01:42 AM
I agree with alot of what Mick had to say - though I do think that water should be an item worth providing access for. Maybe not a hydration "sleeve" but at least a grommet (or even a "buttonhole") to allow for drink tube routing. Good hydration can be the deciding issue for an E&amp;E in the desert.

As for using the emr/mmr top cover as a base...What about guys who use the pointman?

Razor
10-24-2003, 07:20 AM
If you put the attachment points at the top and bottom of the E&amp;E bag, and have matching loops sewn into the EMR/MMR lids, you could attach the E&amp;E bag to the underside of the ruck flap with Dock 'n Lock buckles so its out of the way but quickly accessible.

6446mick
10-25-2003, 05:17 PM
I like the idea of the top hood of the EMR/MMR being the E&amp;E back. However, when I had a look at the photos of both the E&amp;E pack and the top hood I do not think that it would be achievable to get a pack to do both jobs. (I know that I have only seen a photo and don't have a great feel of the construction of the packs, but these are my thoughts) I think that the keep it light and simple principle of the E&amp;E pack would be compromised by the additional clips zippers and attachments required for the pack to also be the top hood of the MMR/EMR. I also concur with Sgathak what about people who use Kifaru's other packs. Sure it could be designed to both, but as I have said above I think it compromises the light nature of the pack.

In regards to having the E&amp;E pack under the lid of your main pack I personally do not like it, but it can be done this way. I find that the E&amp;E pack is a nuisance when entering the pack for other items, as you have to remove the grab bag to get inside. Attaching the E&amp;E bag to the lid of the main pack is an option, but I believe that this would compromise the easily accessible principle, as there are now an additional 2 clips to undo, and a pack lid to open, as opposed to the four clips onto the main pack in the current design. It can also be used with any of the Kifaru ranks of packs.

I believe that the current concept of having the E&amp;E pack as an external pouch is the way to go.

Ref the hydration hose hole. My opinion had changed. Having a grommet hole adds additional functionality to the pack with out significant extra weight. CSS troops could use it for their compound duties, and it would widen the market for the back. The grommet hole does not have to be used, and for those who don't want it they could request it not be placed in their order, or just not use it when they get their hands on it. I still believe that the pack needs to remain simple.

Like the idea a great deal.

Mick

pinepig5
10-25-2003, 07:17 PM
Mick said what I meant, but was too inarticulate and lazy to tap out. Thank you.

I spoke to Mel today and it looks like it's taking shape and should please most everybody.

David
10-26-2003, 02:52 AM
well
looks like you found a real winner with this pouch
just by how fast the reply are comming in
keep up the great thinking
DJ

Mel
10-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Guys, just wanted to update you a bit on the soon to be E&amp;E Back Pouch. The ideas and comments so far, have been most appreciated by Patrick and myself. When Patrick gets out here in about 3 weeks, we will definately finalize the design. I can tell you some of the features it will have. Like the prototype in the pics, it will have flat webbing shoulder straps, and PALS webbing on the sides and back. Internal, it will come with a removable Chamber Pocket, just like all our packs. Inside at the top, on the opposite side of the Chamber Pocket, there will be 2 common loops or D-rings that you can hang Pull Outs or other items on with 550 cord. We're still looking at other ideas, but the ones I mentioned, are for sure going to happen. Stay tuned.

Mel

tsette
10-28-2003, 05:15 PM
I know that it needs to be quick and easy but I think that its name bears that it needs an emergency signal panel for rescue. INTL Orange should be on the inside in the same manner a VS-17 would look. The product altogather looks great and I would get it.

Razor
10-29-2003, 10:53 AM
I dunno about the orange on the inside idea. If this bag is being used to signal an aircraft or as a near/far recognition signal on the ground, then that means you have to pretty much turn it inside out for it to be big enough to matter. If you do that, then you have to take everything out of the bag and either put the stuff in other pockets or lay it all on the ground while you use the bag orange-side out. In an E&amp;R situation, the pick-up is one of the most dangerous times, and I'd certainly want to be able to get out of dodge in a hurry if things go south. If that happened, I'd want to be able to get up and go immediately, and not have to stuff all my junk back into my bag before I took off. A pilot's signal scarf is very light and unfolds to a decent size, and is the better option for daytime recognition signal device.

tsette
10-29-2003, 04:15 PM
you could actually not have to turn it inside out.

Make a strip with orange on one side and OD on the other then sew one end into the back towards the flap and velcro on the other so you can pull it out and signal with it.

An E&amp;E bag has to have the neccessities inside and if helpful have it part of the bag.

Signaling is a neccessity and throwing or waving a scarf around is not something that I would love to be doing.

The strip only needs to be 3 inches wide and as long as the backside of the bag.

This would still be light and easy to add.

LT OUT

Razor
10-29-2003, 07:22 PM
Actually, the scarf I mentioned may not be what you're envisioning. Its very lightweight (almost sheer) nylon, dyed international orange and folds out to about 3'x5', if I remember correctly. Most pilots have one as part of their survival vest, and all of my team carried one for E&amp;R. You don't have to wave it around, since its very brightly colored; you can use it just like a section of VS-17, but without the weight and bulk.

As for a pull-out signalling section sewn into the bag, I think that starts to get away from the simplicity of the bag that Mel wanted to maintain. Besides, for daytime air-to-ground signalling a mirror is a much better bet than an orange panel.

tsette
10-30-2003, 03:06 AM
A mirror would be good during the day but anyone can get attention with a mirror, but acknowledgement with a color has always been the tried and true method for a helicopter reception, if of course you had no smoke, but you wouldn't use smoke in this situation still too dangerous.

As for simplicity, this is still keeping with being very simple, were talking about a little material with velcro and some sewing, I could do that on my Wifes sewing machine.

Razor
10-30-2003, 11:40 AM
Unless the bird is really low, a 3" x 12" piece of nylon is going to be hard to ID for color, except that its bright orange (or maybe chartreuse, or is it yellow?), depending on lighting conditions. Anyhow, this may be a feature you can ask for on your bag, but I don't see the utility of adding it to the standard bag's features.

Its not wise to discuss specific recovery TTPs here, but there are many ways of almost-positive ID to employ that don't involve this small bit of orange nylon.

tsette
10-30-2003, 12:38 PM
your right I just like discussing my point until exhausted.

We differ in thought about this and your probably right, it might be difficult, but I still have my gut feeling on this one thats all.

Razor
10-30-2003, 03:22 PM
No worries, LT. A discussion over different points of view is a healthy thing. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Now, about this 'security blanket' for an ambush thing... /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

tsette
10-30-2003, 04:05 PM
Well Im waiting for you to comment on my security blanket.

I know you want one :p /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

militarymoron
10-30-2003, 04:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by tsette:
Well Im waiting for you to comment on my security blanket.
I know you want one :p /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>why won't a woobie work?
cheers,
MM

tsette
10-31-2003, 07:57 AM
MM go to Ambush Gear and read what Im talking about. I would like to see your comments on that subject.

LT

militarymoron
10-31-2003, 01:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by tsette:
MM go to Ambush Gear and read what Im talking about. I would like to see your comments on that subject.
LT</div></div>hey LT, i did read that thread, which is why i wondered if a plain old woobie would work. if you fold it over twice, you get quite a bit of padding. it's not waterproof though. maybe a woobie with parahooch material 'laminated ' to one side.
having anything attached to you or ghillie suit-type padding sounds like it'd be cumbersome and restrictive when you do need to move.
cheers,
MM

tsette
11-01-2003, 07:11 AM
isee what your saying but this is for a standard infantry ambush, no guillie suits would be on my soldiers. So it wouldn't be cumbersome at all.

This actually would work for a sniper team trying to keep the weight down and not havr to carry a puss pad.

LT

militarymoron
11-01-2003, 06:28 PM
isee what your saying but this is for a standard infantry ambush, no guillie suits would be on my soldiers. So it wouldn't be cumbersome at all.
This actually would work for a sniper team trying to keep the weight down and not havr to carry a puss pad.
LT</div></div>i understand - i was referring to some suggestions on the other thread about incorporating padding into the BDU's and such.
cheers,
MM

tsette
11-02-2003, 11:40 AM
As I was looking at the new style of BDU's coming out with. They are like the SF type but with some added features like knee and elbow padding being able to add in the pockets in those repectable areas inside the BDU. a couple of weeks ago in Army times the SGTMJR of the Infantry school showed off the pair that should be issued with the 2ND IN DIV Stryker Brigade leaving this November for Iraq. They are only testing the BDU's out and find whats wrong with them and if they are worth giving to the whole army.

Im only after the Ambush part of the mission and I know by your response you understodd where I was going.

LT OUT

Dan
11-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Mel - you have yourself a winner of a bag there - count me in on getting one when they are ready. Did you confirm you are going with internal pockets? A big divider on the inside with PALS or attachment points to hang a bunch of padded chamber type bags would be great!

Ya'll wanna signal aircraft - get a directional strobe, make sure it has an IR cover with it.

Dan

techbrute
12-26-2003, 03:54 PM
Hi Mel,

Any update on this?

T

Patrick
12-26-2003, 06:08 PM
techbrute--

The testing program has proved out very positively on the E@E Pouch, and we're now simultaneously deep into the Zulu pack testing/refining. I'm not entirely sure when the two will be introduced, or whether they'll be introduced together, or seperately. Sometimes twosomes like this come out of the chute together. I suspect both will be ready soon; we are dedicated to bringing on improvements in combat gear as quickly as we can, consistent with surety of their effectiveness/reliabilty, etc. The intros will be right here on the website--brochures are too slow to reflect the latest developments, and I think our military needs in today's world warrant our maximum effort in terms of timeliness. You'll be pleased to know that we are very happy with the usefulness of both these tools toward our overall goal of providing more operator effectiveness. Stand by to kick more butt with the new E@E. Zulu too. We think they'll be state-of-the-art. Just what you Doctors need.

techbrute
12-27-2003, 02:06 PM
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the prompt and thorough response. Those are both items that I'm interested in. I need to place my pack order within the next 2 weeks, so unless something appears quickly, it looks like I'll be getting a Marauder (like that's a bad thing or something.) I would like to know one thing, though. Is the Zulu a panel loader or tube, and if it's panel, are there internal PALs? I'm currently in the RAID club, but the frameless design leaves something to be desired. Unfortunately I was unaware of y'all prior to ordering my RAID. Oh well. The pouches and pockets on the RAID will move over nicely, I think, and the dock and lock pockets you make really look great. I'm looking forward to placing my order.

T

techbrute
12-27-2003, 02:30 PM
Oh, and for what it's worth, the only "features" I'd really like to see on the E&amp;E, beyond what's on your standard pockets, is routing for a tube and a place to attach a chamber pocket. There's no need for a $100 "pocket". Might as well get a scout. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Patrick
12-27-2003, 05:08 PM
Hey techbrute--

Looks like you'd best fetch that Marauder, for two reasons: the Zulu will be a top loader, and we won't be ready in just two weeks. Also, I think the E&amp;E Pouch/Pack is just what you're looking for.

techbrute
12-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Hi Patrick,

Wow, you are really setting the bar high for customer service and responsiveness.

At the risk of annoying you with questions about a soon-to-be-released product, will the scout piggyback properly on the Zulu or will it be like the Marauder where its a sort of "in emergencies only" setup?

Thanks again for the info. I'll be out hunting the weekend following new years, and I'll be placing my order as soon as I get back. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

T

Mel
12-28-2003, 10:51 AM
Techbrute, the E&amp;E Back Pouch will come standard with a Chamber Pocket, and the ability to mount another one on the opposite inside top. You could also use the other 2 common loops to dummycord Pull Outs or other items. It will not have a hose port, but with dual sliders, you can route the hose out the zipper. There will be a slot pocket on the back to tuck the shoulder straps into when using it as a shoulder bag. This slot pocket works really well for carrying soft items. I can fit a full Camelbak 50oz Pakteen in there, and it carrys well. Also, a great spot to store a ParaHootch or GI poncho. We are already taking orders for the first production run of the E&amp;E Back Pouches. I'll try and get some pics posted this week.

Mel

techbrute
12-28-2003, 10:57 AM
Hi Mel,

What's the cost for one of those bad boys?

T

Mel
12-28-2003, 11:29 AM
T: $55.00

Mel

RangerBobMedic
12-28-2003, 04:21 PM
What an awesome "combat lifesaver bag,improved". This pouch looks like it will do so much more than just E&amp;E duty. When I get ready to order, at least one of these will be on my invoice. It looks as if you have given Tactical Tailors' First Responder Bag some competition. Those pics showing the pouch with all those pockets really show its versatility. I think this and the raincover will be your two coolest releases in 2004, but then again it is only the beginning of the year, we can't wait....!

molsen
01-01-2004, 08:12 AM
$55!!! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I guess I'll be stopping by the shop next time I'm up in Denver! I'll definately be first in line when the Zulu is released!!

Recce Gear
01-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Mike,

Have you ever heard the saying, second place is the first loser. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I say that because I am first in line for a Zulu :p , you gotta be a little quicker with the comms brother.

Jon

ibtrdia
01-01-2004, 11:29 PM
I guess that the Zulu is the hot stuff for 2004.

Let's see who will get the ZULU ONE pack, over. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Actually, I'm also very keen on the lumbar pack project. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

TimW
01-02-2004, 07:56 AM
Mel,

Looks great. Can't wait to try one out...since it's the same size as the Back Pocket, it should fit the MESA vest wonderfully.

From the "for what it's worth" department, I've got my Snugpak Merlin 3, the TS-1 liner and bivvy sack in my Back Pocket. It has a little room left over, but not much. However, it's great on the MESA, since now I don't have to really carry a pack on shorter excursions where I might need some quick sleeping gear.

TimW
Phoenix

Rhett
01-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Well- after all the hooah hard-core military folks are done enjoying- now us former grunts get to be tickled too- I have been trying to rig a system with my EMR frame, Catquiver arrow holder, and pouches for next years elk hunt-

this E&amp;E bag, with my Catquiver frame, and EMR frame/cargo chair- just made my next elk huunt a better adventure.

thanks Patrick.

R

Patrick
01-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey Rhett,

You know, I think you're correct about using the E&amp;E with a Cat Quiver. Very good thinking!

You're welcome, amigo.

Rhett
01-03-2004, 03:23 PM
PATRICK-
you know i gotta tinker- most of my ideas do me btter than that flash of stoopidity that had me trying to re-work the EMR belt...
i like the convenience of the Catquiver but think its durability sucks... plus then i have to go back to camp for the EMR frame... with this rig i can have it all right there...
Did i ever tell you how comfortable that frame is to huimp? Absolutely amazing to me and the other grunt that i was elk hunting with over the ALICE or Lowe Alpines we had in the Army...

Looking forward to saying hello again as i pass through in September.

Take care,
Rhett

by the way- Patrick or Mel- what are the rough dimensions of the E&amp;E bag?

R

militarymoron
01-03-2004, 08:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Rhett:
by the way- Patrick or Mel- what are the rough dimensions of the E&amp;E bag?
</div></div>not mel or patrick, but i believe it's the same dimensions as the regular back pouch - 14"x9"x3.75" seam to seam.
cheers,
MM

Patrick
01-04-2004, 07:23 AM
Rhett--

MM is correct (thanks,mm).

We'll look for you in Sept.

molsen
01-04-2004, 09:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Have you ever heard the saying, second place is the first loser. I say that because I am first in line for a Zulu , you gotta be a little quicker with the comms brother.

Jon </div></div>It may be first loser, but you should have posted that AFTER I went, cuz when I saw your order on the board, it somehow got placed at the bottom of the pile?!?!? /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif How could that have happened?!?! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Like it really matters since they'll all be shipped at the same time, but then again, I'm going to go up there and to pick mine up in person (and probably get more stuff), so I won't have to wait! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Take care, bro.

Mark Hueser
01-04-2004, 11:43 AM
MM,

I can't find Ambush Gear web site. Would you please provide the web address.

Thank You,

Mark Hueser