PDA

View Full Version : Would Kifaru make hip/waist packs?

KDOG
10-25-2009, 10:42 AM
I kinda wish they would get into that market. The only manufacturer that makes hip/waistpacks that I like is M*****tion. I personally would love to see Kifaru make some things like that. With their quality, they would be fantastic. Just my 2 cents.

redstarcluster
10-25-2009, 12:08 PM
I kinda wish they'd make me a sweet wallet.

DavidLewis
10-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Kdog--

If neither of the Tailgunner lumbar packs work for you, take a look at MountainSmith. Patrick founded them before he started Kifaru. They share much of the same design philosophy...though, admittedly, they do lack MOLLE/PALS webbing <sigh> .

I briefly owned a Maxpedition (it's OK to say "Voldemort" too) Proteus. It was just too small, and too "broken up" by the compartment design. It was an OK pack, but not in the same class as MountainSmith, and certainly not in Kifaru's league!

I got a MS Tour lumbar pack, & it's great. I love it. I haven't tried to piggyback it to my Marauder yet, but I believe it would work, and I know it will disappear into a medium Pod.

Regards,

David

duckear
10-27-2009, 12:20 PM
check out EMDOM Recon Waist pack

KDOG
10-27-2009, 03:35 PM
check out EMDOM Recon Waist pack

Nice but too big. Lookin along the lines of the maxpedition M2 or M1

BuckarooMedic
10-29-2009, 08:04 AM
KDOG,

Want a Kifaru waistpack? Take one of your Kifaru external pouches and add their $20 Shoulder Sling. Voila! Instant tactical murse/sling-bag/fanny pack. Better yet, turn your XTL into a go bag by adding the Shoulder Sling and making a waist strap out of some one inch webbing and a couple of one inch, field repairable, side release buckles. That's what I did. Works great for EDC. This way you can have a tactical murse that integrates with your Kifaru ruck.

Take these ideas for what they're worth. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination. Kifaru gear really is totally modular.

Take care,