PDA

View Full Version : Any progess on the malice pocket idea?

KDOG
10-25-2009, 10:22 AM
I thought there was an idea posted here about a large malice slip pocket with admin ability that could be attatched to the outside of packs. I think it would be a great idea. Any movement on this or did it die?

Ralph
10-25-2009, 02:51 PM
I haven't gotten around to making it yet, but I sketched up a pocket to fit on either side of the centered E&E on my MOLLE Express. Essentially a flat envelope 3-channels wide (about 5") x 14" secured by a single MOLLE strap on each side. I haven't decided whether to put a light stiffener in the back (against the pack) or whether I want or need PALS on the front.

KDOG
10-26-2009, 09:08 AM
5" wide? Hmmmm....I guess that would work for the sides but if I could add my 2 cents, I would make it another 2 channels wide or around 7 inches for the front. But thats just me. A stiffener would be a good idea I think, nothings' more annoying than trying to get in a pocket thats collapsing around your hand. What admin attributes are you thinking of putting on/in it?

Ralph
10-26-2009, 09:42 AM
The E&E is on the front. My version of same has a tail that clips to the PALS bar on the main pack forming a bottom for using the E&E as a beavertail. I made an admin pocket to fit the front of the E&E. If I decide to put PALS on the slot pockets small pouches can be clipped to these. Remember that the MOLLEx is fairly narrow, the 5" width is the maximum I can fit on the sides with the 9" wide E&E in the center.

AndyL
10-29-2009, 01:11 PM
I'd like to get a couple of 2d pockets with a similar theme.
Just using the bottom two rows of pals on the marauder on the sides (four channels) with a couple of grommets for drainage.
I figure this would stop treking poles sliding out teh bottom of the compression straps when not in use.

Any idea where I could get something or the best way to make them (I'm not sure the sewing machine I could use would handle 1000D