PDA

View Full Version : Aloha!!

Mel
10-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey guys, just checking in real quick to say Aloha from Hawaii! I'll catch up with everything on the message board when I get back. I did get to meet up with Poi Dog, who is a forum member, and we had a good time talking gear. Thanks Poi Dog for taking time out of your busy schedule to meet up with me.

Mel

poi dog
10-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Howzit Mel! My busy schedule...more like your busy schedule! It was my pleasure, and I was looking forward to it. Missed hooking up the last time around. Glad I got to meet your wife too. You guys are like two peas in a pod. Sorry I couldn't have met up with you guys earlier. You guys must have been pretty tired after that long flight. Oh, my buddy wanted me to thank you for the catalog. I think he's pondering getting a ZXR but I'm trying to talk him into a MMR for the hauler frame as he does lots of activities with his son who is in the Boy Scouts.

I'll be back on Monday night. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need something :cool:

Mel
10-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey Poi Dog, thanks for your offer, but just wanted to let you and the guys here know that we are already back from Hawaii. We ended up cutting our trip short because we felt sorry for our dog Scout, who was stuck in a boarding kennel while we were gone. Call us crazy I guess:)! We never had any kids, so our dogs have always been our family. We have been to Hawaii many times over the years, so we didn't miss out on anything. It turned out for the best, because Scout had just come down with kennel cough, and she would have been quarantined for the remaining 4 days, away from the other dogs.

Here's a pic of her having fun in all my Kifaru gear, where she likes to hide her bones.

Mel

Lab-Roamer
10-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Mel

Thats funny, our 2 labs were the about the only things we missed when we were in Hawaii. If we would have had our dogs, guns and FJ40, Im not sure we would have come home!:D

jljmonky
10-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Okay... that's like a $10,000 pile to burry dog bones mel... you could draw names out of a forum hat and share some of that, my beagle likes to burry dog bones and I can't think of a better place for him to do it then in a Kifaru pack... but not one I paid for!

poi dog
10-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Howzit Mel...Thats cool, I just hope you and your wife had fun with the time you did spend here. Did you get to go on any hikes? The weather was awful, super humid. Maybe next time you come, the tradewinds will be working again.

Man, Scout is one lucky dog. When I saw your pic of Kifaru gear, the first thing that came to my mind was me swimming in it...like how scrooge McDuck swims in his money :D