PDA

View Full Version : Stuff sack: What size?

Herdsman
10-23-2009, 02:44 PM
I've got my ZXR packed per my unit packing list. Currently about 45# worth of stuff. It takes up more space than it should and I think that's mostly due to me having my entire issue 3 part sleep system in the bottom.

The issue compression sacks don't really compress well. I'm sure the new Kifaru compression sacks will do a much better job and save a lot of space. The question is what size should I get?

I'll need to compress the heavier bag and possibly the heavier and light weigh bags together. Will I need a med? A large? Both? It's kind of hard to relate the size vs. the issue bag as nothing the U.S. Army issues is comparable to anything else it seems. I'm guessing a med might do me and I'll pick up a small in the spring for mu lightweigh bag.

Thanks for any guidance.

medic16
10-23-2009, 04:49 PM
I would get the Large compression sack. I use a medium sack for just the black layer of the Army Sleep System and it barely fits.

Herdsman
10-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Thanks dude,
I guess a large is what I'll need then. Might still try to sneak a medium in the order.

How small does that black bag compress down to in the medium stuff sack?

Thanks again.

kemp707
10-31-2009, 12:32 AM
If you are going to get the large and the medium you might as well take the option and get all 3 :)

when you place your order hit the drop down list and at the bottom you'll see the option for all 3 when you select the color. Just a few bucks more and you get another sack to cram other junk in like spare socks :D