PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried a zippo handwarmer?

mark s
10-20-2009, 02:03 PM
In the Russell catalog, I saw a Zippo handwarmer with a catalytic butane burner. I've seen them for lighter fluid but not butane. It looked like it might be a good addition for winter tree stand hunting (only $25). Anyone try these (using butane)? Are they good?

Montanapete1
10-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Mark,

Try a search, there should be quite a long thread from last year I think! You would find it very helpful on this subject. Maybe one of the other guys can recall the name of the thread.

Here try this one=http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=15634&highlight=handwarmers

mark s
10-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Montanapete,

Thanks, I remembered the thread and revisited it. People were describing their experience using Zippo handwarmers using lighter fluid not butane. I was particularly interested in the Zippo from Russell's because of the use of butane. Butane burning doesn't smell (at least to me and I assume deer), and if spilled, evaporates quickly without smell. Really seemed like a different animal. Might just have to pick it up for experimental purposes, unless someone has had a bad experience with it.

Plodder
10-21-2009, 03:50 AM
Pete

I went to both Russell's and the Zippo websites and could not find the Handwarmer in Butane. Could you please sent the link

Bob

mark s
10-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Plodder and Pete,

False alarm. My catalog clearly states butane, but when I checked it out on their website with the catalog number, it states that it uses lighter fluid. Sorry for mistake. It seems like it would be a good idea though. The thermacell uses a butane cartridge, should work for a catalytic heater.

rambler_wannabe
10-21-2009, 08:21 AM
I have only seen the lighter fluid version, which is worth the money.