PDA

View Full Version : Scout w/SOF??

John Y
10-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Sorry for No post.... for long time.

Found this image from MP.net...I think this is Scout~

Enjoy~

"U.S. special operations Soldiers watch for insurgent activity during the early hours of the taking of Shewan, Farah province, Afghanistan, Sep. 28. (DOD photo by Sgt. Daniel Love) (Released) "

Stayangry
10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Certainly looks like a Scout. The chap in the background could be carrying an E&E too.

cpti
10-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Certainly looks like a Scout. The chap in the background could be carrying an E&E too.

Nonsense! All the Kifaru gear sits in closets to be later sold as "like new" on the trading post!

Seriously, it's good to see great gear on good men answering the call.

AbnMedOps
10-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Check out that exotic camo pattern they are wearing!

remington79
10-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Check out that exotic camo pattern they are wearing!

Tell me about it. It looks like it might actually work in a woodland environment.

snakeeater x
10-20-2009, 11:41 PM
It looks like the guy in the background has an Eagle Modular Assault Pack.

If I were carrying a radio in my scout, I might want to zecure the zipper pulls with a small carabiner or something. Anyone have good tips for this?

Chucker
10-21-2009, 08:47 AM
"Eagle Modular Assault Pack" - Wow, some sharp eyes out there! I was thinking that the 'Malice 2 Quart' was fitting exceptionally well on that 'E&E'....

As far as the zipper pulls, a Grimlock would work too. Just depends on how much load you're trying to restrain.

rt014
10-21-2009, 09:13 AM
"Eagle Modular Assault Pack" - Wow, some sharp eyes out there! I was thinking that the 'Malice 2 Quart' was fitting exceptionally well on that 'E&E'....

As far as the zipper pulls, a Grimlock would work too. Just depends on how much load you're trying to restrain.

It also looked like an E&E with 2 qt to me.

I also use a grimlock to secure zipper pulls.

jljmonky
10-21-2009, 11:45 AM
It appears to me that the molle patern isn't correct for it to be an E&E though I am not sure what it is other wise.

ahisa
10-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I thought it was E&E at first sight too, it might be a Camelbak HAWG. It's rare to see an actual kifaru out here in the sandbox, but it's good to see those pics of the packs out in the field.

Arcturus
10-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Looks like a Scout, and an Eagle MAP to me... thought that before I saw any of the responses here.

panzertroop
11-20-2009, 01:23 PM
a Scout, and an Eagle MAP

Yeah that!

dcosherm
11-23-2009, 08:37 PM
I can tell you that it is a Kifaru Scout and an Eagle MAP, I know the guys in the pic. ;)

Herdsman
11-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Doc's right Kifaru Scout and an Eagle MAP. Look at the Scouts harness...only one like that.

As far as securing the zipper pulls...I'd only worry about that while in the truck or bird. Once on the ground just zip it up, it's plenty secure. Anyway, if you have a comms unit in there you'll be in and out of it too much and a snap link would hinder you too much.