PDA

View Full Version : G1 MMR/EMR Frame question

revelation2012
10-17-2009, 08:22 PM
I have a question for any of you have used your G1 MMR or EMR frame with pockets or items attached to it.

I am thinking about getting a G1 beucause of the price but I have a question. I know the G1 does not have as many attachment tabs as the new G2 but any of you attach PODs or pockets on the G1 frame in the field while hiking away from base camp? Is it possible to use it in like manor as the new G2 images Mel took of the duplex frame? Just curious if you could line up pods and pockets on it as well. Or should I scrape up more doe and the wait time for a G2? The price for a second hand G1 is about 1/2 the cost.

Mel
10-18-2009, 09:31 AM
R2012, this is an easy question to answer. The only item you could attach to a G1 Duplex frame, would be a single large Pod mounted vertically in the middle of the frame. You might be able to get a medium Pod to work, but that is about all you can attach to the G1 frame. You cannot attach Pods horizontally. So there is a BIG difference between the G1 and G2 Duplex frames if modularity is what you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Mel

revelation2012
10-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Yes it was Mel, thanks.