PDA

View Full Version : Bluefin tuna help

Ksnake
10-13-2009, 04:56 PM
I just acquired a huge bag of fresh bluefin tuna. My buddy got a 110 lb'er. I know this is a hunting forum but surely there are some people here that have had this delicacy and can make some suggestions on how to prepare raw or cooked. I have plenty for sushi as well as pan seared steaks - probably two or three meals worth for me and my WoodlandGirl. This is a first for me, any help appreciated. Thanks!

khalidthesoljah
10-13-2009, 05:09 PM
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ahi-Poke-Basic/Detail.aspx

(omit the mac nuts)

try that... had it all the time in hawaii... if youre feeling extra hot mix some of that thai rooster sauce with mayonnaise and dip raw tuna in it....

when i cooked it i always just wrapped it in foil with butter, garlic, ginger, and onion then throught it on the grill for a little bit...

Hope i helped...

Kmassaro
10-14-2009, 06:28 AM
www.epicurious.com

Search on tuna. You'll have more recipes than you can think of. Also look under seviche.

Good for you. If you still are bewildered, I'll happily take some off your hands.

Kmassaro
10-14-2009, 06:30 AM
For an easy one, put the raw tuna in salad with mango, jalapeno, avocado, and spinach, and whatever dressing you like. Yum!

Take-a-knee
10-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Get one of those Food Saver vacuum packers if you don't already have one. That is the only way to store/freeze fish.

snakey2
10-14-2009, 09:30 AM
If you cook it remember to cook it very little. Anything over rare to med. rare is over cooked. Just salt and pepper on a very hot grill for a minute per side is wonderful.

Ralph
10-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Tuna is my favorite sushi fish. I've also had it sprinkled with lime juice and coconut cream and set in the sun for about 20 minutes.