PDA

View Full Version : Attaching pods to the bottom of Zulu G1?

Mr Yarrow
10-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Got a pre-loved G1 Zulu on its way and im thinking of all the bits I can stick on it :D

I notice the G2 has tabs to let you add pods to the top and bottom, so, how can I bodge, I mean rig, the G1 so pods can be added?

Im thinking something with those webbing t-bar adapters, but not quite sure exactly what :rolleyes:

Any thoughts and anyone done it themselves?

Ta

Brotzie
10-11-2009, 11:08 PM
You can always dock & lock to the bottom compression straps, the same way you'd rig a D&L pouch to the side of a hunting pack.

Gerle
10-11-2009, 11:35 PM
My G1 has four tabs on the bottom. I think they are for pods.

Cpl Punishment
10-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah, the four tabs that seem to have no purpose are for PODs.

medic16
10-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I know some of the early G1 Zulu packs did not have the tabs for the pods so you will have to attach them to the compression straps.

DavidLewis
10-12-2009, 11:44 AM
My Marauder doesn't have tabs on the bottom. I D&L a medium pod to the compression straps. Fits & looks like it was made there!

David

Mr Yarrow
10-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks guys, sounds like there is hope for me, either with tabs, or D&L to the webbing.

Just got to get it now, due tomorrow but probablt wont get it from depot till Wednesday, dear lord that seems a long time :(

Rgds

Mr Yarrow
10-14-2009, 06:35 AM
Got it yesterday in the end :D

It does have tabs on the bottom, but only one side, with buckle looking things on the other side.

To be honest there are so many straps, buckles, hoops, loops and bits on it that I have no clue about it requires some quiet contemplation and reading up on over the weekend :o

Rgds

Mel
10-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Mr Yarrow, I can tell you are not familiar with our pack systems yet. You can put the slotted female SR buckles from a Pod onto the tab loops on the bottom of your Zulu at the back, and onto the same tab loops that the plastic common loops are on at the front/bottom of the pack. Hope this helps.

Mel

Mr Yarrow
10-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Mr Yarrow, I can tell you are not familiar with our pack systems yet. You can put the slotted female SR buckles from a Pod onto the tab loops on the bottom of your Zulu at the back, and onto the same tab loops that the plastic common loops are on at the front/bottom of the pack. Hope this helps.

Mel

That actually does make sense Mel, thanks.

What are the plastic bits on the front loops actually for then?

Is there an idiots guide anywhere to all the differnt bits on the Zulu, as a PDF perhaps?

Rgds

P.S
I had a feeling my newbness might have shone through :D

AndyL
10-14-2009, 01:06 PM
The plastic bits are for the carry chair.

At some point Si we'll have to do a little kifaru comparrison, maybe at Hill Holt

Mr Yarrow
10-14-2009, 01:27 PM
The plastic bits are for the carry chair.

At some point Si we'll have to do a little kifaru comparrison, maybe at Hill Holt

Are you going to Graces, theres a very slim chance I might be able to make it myself.

Defo want to see peoples rigs in the flesh though :)

Rgds

AndyL
10-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Are you going to Graces, theres a very slim chance I might be able to make it myself.

Defo want to see peoples rigs in the flesh though :)

Rgds
I will be there, I could bring the bag with the work set up

Mr Yarrow
10-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I will be there, I could bring the bag with the work set up

I'll PM you on BB Friday night to confirm whether im going or not.

Rgds

Mel
10-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Hey guys, let me explain this further for the new guys. Turn the Zulu upside down, and look straight down at the bottom. There are tab loops at the back (the suspension side) for Pods, then there are common loops in the middle of the bottom (for mounting a Cargo Chair), and then there are common loops at the front with the bottom compression straps running through them. These common loops are on a tab loop that can also be used to mount the Pods. So, the slotted female SR buckles from the Pod are attached to the tab loops in the back, and in the front. Hope this helps.

Mel