PDA

View Full Version : Diplomat Organizer

noflushbandit
10-05-2009, 07:40 AM
I picked one of these up about a week ago from CountyComm, and was able to use it for a trip at the end of last week. This thing is a great little organizer and it fits a passport in it pretty well. Now for my real point, it fits perfectly in the top of my MollEx (the top pocket). So if anyone was looking for some removable storage/organization for the top pocket of their pack, then Id check this out cause it seems like it was made for it!

mrbill
10-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Is it the same organaizer that Spec-Ops sells? It looks very similar. I have the Spec-Ops one and use it everyday. It fits perfectly in my front BDU pocket when I'm in the field and either in the upper glove box of my car or in the back pocket of my wranglers. Mine has a small notebook and pens/pencils available. And when at camp with the youth it can also hold my small bible.

sovereign
10-05-2009, 09:59 AM
This?: http://countycomm.com/POCKETORGANIZER.htm

http://countycomm.com/organizlarge11.JPG

Mel
10-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Hey guys, that is an offshore ripoff of Jeff Wemmer's design from Spec-Ops Gear, that he has been making for many years. All of Spec-Ops gear is made in the USA. If you think I get miffed at offshore ripoffs:mad:, you would be correct. I know price can be an issue for some, but I think it is worth supporting the guys still making gear in the USA. Jeff makes some great innovative gear, and is a great guy. In fact, him and Patrick have been friends for many, many years. OK, rant off:).

Mel

straps
10-05-2009, 10:54 AM
I own the the Spec Ops original, I've handled the imitators. No comparison.

County Comm overseas manufacturer-produced "re-interpretations" of US-based manufacturers' products (to include Eagle, Spec Ops, SO Tech, TAD, LB Technologies, etc.) have an at best uneven reputation for quality.

noflushbandit
10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks for opening my eyes to that Mel. Only reason i said anything was because I gave it a run and found it fit into the top of my MollEx. Quality on it is definitely subpar to other things I have owned. I think I am going to get a Spec Ops one if it is the same size.

So I typed that and looked up the Spec Ops one. The CC one is a COMPLETE ripoff of the spec ops one. And when I say complete, I mean top to bottom and front to back. I cant believe they got away with it! I have to say that is pretty sad to see a company do that. I wish Spec Ops had an OD one however! My apologies to the guys at Spec Ops for this organizer. Im going to invest my $$ in the real deal on something made stateside.

Thanks for the rant though Mel. I feel the same way knowing that. I grabbed it on a whim because I was buying something from them and figured Id check it out. I think Straps is right though, the quality is very low on this piece.

BuckarooMedic
10-06-2009, 08:05 AM
I agree with Mel and Straps; get the original, USA made version. Especially if you can afford it. I've found-out over the years (the hard way) that you get what you pay for. You may think that you're saving a couple of bucks. But, when that cheap, Chinese or Vietnamese made knock-off falls apart at the worst possible time, then who were you kidding?

One caveat for Country Comm. They do make some interesting stuff here in the US. Not all their gear is imported and I've had nothing but great interactions with them.

Take care,

revelation2012
10-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Hey guys, that is an offshore ripoff of Jeff Wemmer's design from Spec-Ops Gear, that he has been making for many years. All of Spec-Ops gear is made in the USA. If you think I get miffed at offshore ripoffs:mad:, you would be correct. I know price can be an issue for some, but I think it is worth supporting the guys still making gear in the USA. Jeff makes some great innovative gear, and is a great guy. In fact, him and Patrick have been friends for many, many years. OK, rant off:).

Mel

Your right. Almost everything produced in this country has been shipped off shore except interest on debt. Got to support US manufacture when ever we can. NFTA has been good for the dollar. >:(

jetfixr
10-20-2009, 10:52 AM
A while back, Spec Ops did make an OD unit. I got mine several years ago and it is still good to go.If you look around you can probably still find one. I don't know anything about the company, but EM Gear has some. Spec Ops makes good gear.

aroncull
10-30-2009, 08:47 PM
I always get upset when i see rip offs like that. Maxpedition has a very close to rop off version of the same thing too.. not suprising though.

Cpl Punishment
10-31-2009, 08:04 AM
I wish Spec Ops had an OD one however! My apologies to the guys at Spec Ops for this organizer. Im going to invest my $$ in the real deal on something made stateside.

They have OD ones here: http://www.emgear.net/Products/ProductPage.aspx?id=1139
Even on sale ~$10 off.

Mr Yarrow
11-05-2009, 10:58 AM
I always get upset when i see rip offs like that. Maxpedition has a very close to rop off version of the same thing too.. not suprising though.

Id actually say the MaxP is a superior improvement rather thana rip off. I have a Spec Ops one and the differnces are;

MaxP is a little bigger in all dims
MaxP has webbing on it so you can add it to a bag with malice clips etc
MaxP has more elasticated loops on the right and some on the left side as well

Im looking for a used MaxP at the mo and will likely sell the Spec Ops one on, Im UK based so non American stuff doesnt bother me, that having been said I own a Zulu plus an E&E and I KNOW its quality American made goods!

Rgds

SnWnMe
11-12-2009, 09:25 AM
I have both Maxped and Spec Ops versions. They seem to be equal in quality. It appears that Maxped took the concept and improved on it. For instance in the interior, the SO version's elastic loops are all pen sized which means you can't fit multi tools nor 1 CR123 lights in there. Maxped's loops are different sizes. Additionally, Maxped added PALS outside. Still the SO is a true cargo pocket pouch. The Maxped barely qualifies for that name as it is a bit bigger.

Aimless
11-15-2009, 06:25 PM

Mel
Amen!

One of the big internet 5.11 dealers bought a pair of TAD gear pants, sent it to china and had them knocked off. Probably no legal protections on those pants and I don't know how many of these small companies could afford the six figure legal fees it would cost to go after someone for this type of crap.

Mr Yarrow
11-21-2009, 09:45 AM
New MaxP organiser arrived yesterday, very pleased with the quality of it, however must say the zips were better on the Spec Ops version.

Looking forward to filling it with 'stuff'.

Rgds

Ralph
11-22-2009, 07:45 AM
I like OD and since SpecOps is dropping OD and the stuff is on sale I thought I'd best get while the gettin' was good and picked up the two items I had long wanted, the pocket organizer and the Pack Rat. I am using both in my MOLLE Express bugout bag.

The pocket organizer is a bit too large for the cargo pockets in the trousers I commonly wear so it will be carried in the lid pocket of the Express. This is nicely made but I noticed that two of the elastic loops were way too small to be useful, so I removed the stitching between them, giving me 5 loops. This will serve as my portable office so a Rite in the Rain 4"x6" pad occupies the right side. The 5 loops on the left side are filled with a 3-way pen (.05mm pencil, red and blue ballpoint pens), 3-color set alcohol based map marking pens and a white vinyl eraser pen. Using some scrap material I made an insert for the pocket on the left side holding pen refills, a stylus that fits the 3-way, and a tube with pencil leads. I carry a black Fisher Space Pen clipped to my shirt pocket for general writing. The external net pocket holds a map scale, template and protractor, a fresnel lens and a couple of wet lens cleaners.

The Pack Rat is a good idea - a smallish organizer for larger gear easily transferable between packs. The biggest problem with it is that the pockets are generic and not sized to fit anything in particular. I haven't decided exactly what is to go into the Pack Rat yet. Candidates include: AM/FM/SW solar/dynamo radio; solar battery charger; AM/FM/SW County Comm digital tuning radio; County Comm antenna extension; Pr. FRS 2-way radios; cell phone and charger; GPS; MP3 player; MP3 speaker; paperback novel and booklight; Mini-Mag LED flashlight and cone diffuser; Mighty Light flashlight/lantern; strobe signal light; "UFO" LED tent light; Cyclops LED UL head lamp; UCO mini-candle lantern, candles and shade; spare batteries (lithium AA & AAA); various knives and tools; portable library in waterproof ziplocks (edible/medicinal plant guide, SAS Survival Guide, backcountry medical guide, pocket Bible, almanac among others).

The Pack Rat won't take them all so I'll have to carefully pick and choose.

I plan on making a couple of pocket organizers to fit the pockets of the trousers I wear. Since these will be carried in a pocket there is no real reason to make them from heavy-duty material. Haven't decided exactly what will be in/on the organizer yet, but I am condering a holster for a small-frame pistol among other things.

I'm also planning an UL version of the Pack Rat with pockets fitted to the specific gear carried.

Mr Yarrow
11-22-2009, 05:17 PM
New MaxP organiser arrived yesterday, very pleased with the quality of it, however must say the zips were better on the Spec Ops version.

Looking forward to filling it with 'stuff'.

Rgds

Happy to say that now its got a few odds and sods in it then the zips are working a lot better now :)

Rgds

BuckarooMedic
11-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Ralph,

The Pack Rat was, I believe, originally developed as an organizational pouch for the large ALICIE pack. I had mine set-up as a "grab-n-go" pouch and stored it in the large, center pocket on outside of the ruck. Had it set-up with a USGI shoulder strap for ease of carrying. I've still got my old OD one and use it more like a field office now, it carries all my admin stuff very nicely. SOB is getting rid of all their OD gear? Hmmm, might have to check them out.

I'd like to see some pictures of your modified pocket organizer, if you have some.

Take care,