PDA

View Full Version : New forum member and Kifaru owner

SnWnMe
10-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a USN SCPO home ported in San Diego, presently deployed in Eastern Europe :D

I just ordered an Xray for daily carry. I won't see it for awhile but I am sure six weeks will go by quick and the pack will arrive with plenty time for me to put some overseas mileage on it.:)

The Xray is my first high end pack. Presently I have several Maxpeds and Camelbaks. I wanted a pack that has easy access to the contents and I picked it after also considering the CB Trizip and the MR 3 Day. In the end the lighter weight won me over to the XRay.

Anyway, glad to be here :)

bigfoot
10-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey another familiar face from EDC Forums! Congrats on the new X-Ray!

SnWnMe
10-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Heya, I recognize you and KDOG too :)

I went through a few weeks of no connectivity and have not been able to log onto EDCF since. Is it gone? If it is then that's a pity because that's where I started down the road of bag and pack madness. Wait til the wife sees the bank statement for this one :eek:

I ordered a 08G1 and I read somewhere here that the wait might not be that long. I'm crossing my fingers to that.:D

bigfoot
10-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Nope, EDCF is still up and running. Weird that you can't connect to it... maybe you are being blocked from certain sites?

Funny you mention being torn between Mystery Ranch and Kifaru and Camelbak. Same dilemma here, although more between MR and Kif. In the end, Kifaru won out. Let us know how that Xray works out for you (oh and pics, pics, pics!). And many thanks for your service, be safe out there, wherever "there" is...

SnWnMe
10-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Nope, EDCF is still up and running. Weird that you can't connect to it... maybe you are being blocked from certain sites?

Funny you mention being torn between Mystery Ranch and Kifaru and Camelbak. Same dilemma here, although more between MR and Kif. In the end, Kifaru won out. Let us know how that Xray works out for you (oh and pics, pics, pics!). And many thanks for your service, be safe out there, wherever "there" is...

Hmmm that is strange.

Oh "there" is Italy as of this morning. Yesterday was Bosnia-Herzegovina. I know, it's rough with per diem and all that :o