PDA

View Full Version : G2 Malice Claymore mods and thoughts.....

KDOG
09-30-2009, 02:39 PM
So after a day of playing around with it, I decided that the compression straps were unnecessary for my needs and were getting in the way more than not. So I decided to remove them. I didn't cut the straps themselves, but I did remove the buckles (man, theyre tough to cut through!) and neatly "lace" and tuck the straps through the rear webbing. No biggie since I have 4 extra of those add-on buckles that came with my E&E. Then to make proper shoulder strap hook loops near the ends of the bag, I used the extra straps with those small 3 bar thingies at the end of them (that were part of the stock E&E straps) and worked them though the end webbing leaving enough room for an add-on buckle end for the shoulder strap to attatch to. Perfect. Leaves the front uncluttered and no buckles/strap ends flopping around. Now to figure out how to get a handle on there....

tree_entz
10-02-2009, 01:48 PM
the idea of cutting-up my gear just makes me shudder, but to each his own.

the only thing i've noticed is that sometimes w/out the compression straps and if the zippers are not completely closed, the bag can open up when heavy objects (handgun for example) are in there.

I like the placement you've chosen for the shoulder strap anchors. I wasn't really pleased with the 'stock options' for the shoulder strap anchors. I ended up using one of the stock locations and then one of the loops at the end of the zippers FWIW.

Brotzie
10-02-2009, 02:07 PM
The zipper-end loops are the intended shoulder strap anchors; the top tabs are designed to have a horizontal lash strap run through them to provide additional support to the pouch while mounted on a pack and heavily loaded.

Cpl Punishment
10-03-2009, 04:50 AM
I thought Mel posted a while back that the top loops were the intended shoulder strap anchors, as the zipper end loops are too low and the bag tends to want to flop over?

tree_entz
10-05-2009, 12:44 PM
I thought Mel posted a while back that the top loops were the intended shoulder strap anchors, as the zipper end loops are too low and the bag tends to want to flop over?

Correct:

http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=17336&page=4