PDA

View Full Version : Ohboyohboy

David in OR
09-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Western OR general season starts Saturday, and rain is forecast for the Coast Range this week.

GlennGTR
09-28-2009, 07:12 PM
I still have to wait till the 17th before general season opens. I went to high school in Seaside used to hunt the Tilamok burn area back in the 70s and a few times in the 80s. Great Elk hunting down there. Sorry to say if you move up here you WILL be dissapointed in the elk numbers compared to down there.

David in OR
09-28-2009, 07:32 PM
I think we'll spend opening morning up above the Trask, outside Tillamook. Got an area scouted but don't know how crazy overrun it will be Saturday morning. Too many roads.
Got a trip planned for us down in southern OR later in the month to hunt with a buddy from Grants Pass. That'll be more fun--done some map recon and there'll be plenty of walking. But gotta get out for the opener, crowds or no.

I'm looking forward to getting up your way and checking out the wilderness areas south of Sequim bordering the NP.

CCH
09-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Good luck and have fun!

elmbow
09-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Safe enjoyable hunt David.

GlennGTR
09-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Pack up and spend the night up in the Tilamook burn off of hwy 26 Between Seaside and Portland. Ok so just on the other side of the Nehalem river all logging roads going south of 26.