PDA

View Full Version : MMR belt question

TRAILBOSS
09-25-2009, 05:20 AM
Are there different belt sizes for these packs?

I recently found a super deal on a new G1 mmr with XLT and some other goodies found in the bag. The belt straps seem a little short. I can cinch the belt up OK, but the pads barley cover my hip bone. I have looked at all the adjustment guides and noticed a difference in how mine fits compared to the guides.

If there is a different belt, what's it gonna cost me?

Daniel

evanhill
09-25-2009, 06:47 AM
there are different belts. IIRC, a military duplex belt is ~$70. You can probably recoup some of that by selling the belt you have on the forum here.

TRAILBOSS
09-30-2009, 05:28 AM
Thanks. I called Mel then ordered a belt from Angie. I was leary of sinking this kind of money in a pack, but I am sold on their products and customer service. Mel explained the replacement procedure and Angie added the belt to my order. Now the agony waiting for it and my other goodies, G2 E&E, stuff sack and ultralight pull outs.

Even with the smaller belt, I am still able to pack in my gear with comfort. I just don't want to set out on a 10-20 miler without the correct fit.

Thanks again.

there are different belts. IIRC, a military duplex belt is ~$70. You can probably recoup some of that by selling the belt you have on the forum here.