PDA

View Full Version : Picture request: Standard long pocket - Top zip...

KDOG
09-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Any pictures available of the Standard Long Pocket Top zip? It looks like it would fit nice on the front of an E&E. Are there dividers or anything inside of them? Please don't make a special effort for me...just hoping someone has a pic layin around.

KDOG
09-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Actually the vertical G2 Claymore looks like it would be better with the Dock n' Lock....hmmmm....

spoolup
09-19-2009, 07:16 PM
No dividers. I can get a camera and take photos if you like, but it is just a large 600ci pouch. I like the top zip so you can cram stuff into it, and it is accessible when the on the pack still. As for the add to E&E thing.... like stated before. Its better to buy a bigger pack than make a smaller pack do something that its not ment too do... like the malice claymore on E&E idea.

Here is another idea that Mel posted, http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=17526 I still agree with the comment post last week or so of the organizer or 2QT, max.

KDOG
09-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Ok thanks for the info. No pic necessary now, thanks for offering. Still thinking, hmmmm.....

cpti
09-19-2009, 11:09 PM
I like a small pod as an option for the E&E. It rolls up nicely when not needed, but can easily take some serious volume if needed (sweaters, jackets, etc.). There's a pic of a small pod D&L'd to an E&E on the Duplex Frame page.

spoolup
09-20-2009, 07:54 AM
I like a small pod as an option for the E&E. It rolls up nicely when not needed, but can easily take some serious volume if needed (sweaters, jackets, etc.). There's a pic of a small pod D&L'd to an E&E on the Duplex Frame page.

That does look VERY do-able, if you use it for jackets or what not, week after next I will be doing a week long stay in the High Unitas for the start of the elk hunt to give a friend some company until his family gets down there a few days later, but who can say no to a camp trip, more so when you have new gear to try out? They are setting up in force (a few trailers or toy haulers, wall tents, IE big camp, I am going to live out of the EMR. During the hunt I was debating to carry on the E&E as decently loaded FAK/ survival kit or carry a almost empty EMR compressed up well with the contents of the E&E in a few pull outs, which allows room for gortex and or layer removal... This small pod ides will work for that perfectly. Never seen it before... thanks for pointing it out.

Looks like it was made to work on the G2 due to the extra malice rows. For the G1 you would probably have to use the dock and lock straps.
https://www.kifaru.net/images/duplex_haulframe10.jpg

KDOG
09-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Its better to buy a bigger pack than make a smaller pack do something that its not ment too do... like the malice claymore on E&E idea.

Well I get what you're saying but they ADDED a whole lot of webbing for - ? To add more pockets! ;) Seems like it was made for extra capacity to be added to it. I haven't even got my gear yet and I'm already talking about doing this and that to it. LOL. And the waiting is agony.....

KDOG
09-20-2009, 07:59 AM
Whoa, what frame is that? That is giving my alot of ideas!

EDIT: Oops, the prices of the frames are almost as much as whole Express! Might as well get on of those if I need THAT much space.

I guess what I'm getting at is I like the idea of having a small pack and being able to add capacity AS NEEDED. The problem with a big pack is that if you aren't going to be carrying much, then you have this huge pack thats practically empty. Where as a small pack is well, small and easier to handle and you just add on pouches to carry more gear if the need arises. Does that make sense?

cpti
09-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Whoa, what frame is that? That is giving my alot of ideas!

Not sure if it's the 24 or 26. I almost got the 24" frame, but went with the Omni Yoke instead. I wanted the modularity but I didn't necessarily want the large frame, yet.

Once I get the Omni Yoke all set up with various pouches/pockets, I'll probably spring for the Duplex Frame, as all the same pockets could easily be transferred between the Yoke and the Duplex Frame. Add a few Med/Large Pods and I'll have some real versatility in pack/load size.

spoolup
09-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Looks like the 24" based off of the distance from the lifter straps and the top of the frame, but you know how a picture can distort distance easily. FYI if you buy a MMR or EMR, you can have a great bag for week long stints that can compress to pointman size for shorter trips, yet have the modular ability of the a setup like this or a cargo hauler. Im happy with my EMR with pockets purchase.