PDA

View Full Version : High country buck starts tomorrow.

GlennGTR
09-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Heading into Mt Skokomish wilderness tomorrow morning for high country buck. Will post pics and story wed or thurs. Good luck to any and all going out to hunt them the hard way. Anyone else hunting the high country?

David in OR
09-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Good luck! I thought I was going to be up there for this season, but I'll be arriving too late. Next year.

Tim in Washington
09-14-2009, 06:20 PM
good luck Glenn

Randy
09-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Bushcraft and KevinB should be deep in a top secret spot by now. I had to back out due to work that couldn't be rescheduled and a last minute family obligation. I do know those guys are about 15-16 miles back in a very isolated spot...I was there 2 weeks ago scouting with Bushcraft. Big, beautiful country. Hopefully they'll connect with some nice bucks or maybe a good bear.

Ed C
09-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Let's have a report? Glen?

Bushwhack Kevin B.????

GlennGTR
09-18-2009, 06:11 PM
YOU WANT A REPORT? A REPORT? Ok so for three months my partner for this boondogle and I have been planning to go up into Mt SKokomish Wilderness to hunt Blacktails in the Olympics. Bought new back pack tent and lighter bag. tags and a few other odds and ends. Day before the hunt he calls and tells me his girlfriend of six months is angry because its their six month anniversary....REALLY ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So hunt is postponed till next Wednesday but not sure if it will be with this kid...25 years of age no sense of priorities. My neighbor wants to go so Ill give him a chance indstead me thinks. Will give report next week . Did bust grouse all weekend though...for me weds and thurs.

snakey2
09-21-2009, 10:41 AM
He should have gone hunting. That relationship will never last if she holds to the 6 mo. anniversary trumps months of of hunt planning ideal.

scothill
09-21-2009, 11:06 AM
He should have gone hunting. That relationship will never last if she holds to the 6 mo. anniversary trumps months of of hunt planning ideal.

amen, that is just some power play bull**** in my opinion, but then again I am single so.....

GlennGTR
09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Well we rescheduled to go out this wednesday morning for three am. Should be in position before seven if we go nice and easy. Travel light with pack frames,food, water and minimal survival gear. Will definetly take some pics and post later. Any further cancelations would result in accidental discharge of my twenty guage into his posterior next time we go bird hunting....just kidding.....more or less.

David in OR
09-21-2009, 06:55 PM
"...six month anniversary..."

The relationship hasn't even started yet, and she's making it hard for him to get out and hunt? If he breeds with her, he's toast.

Ksnake
09-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Ack! I'd rather be single! Now if it was a 7 month anniversary, then I would understand.

Jason
09-22-2009, 03:39 AM
I INTENTIONALLY got married in March so I'd NEVER have to worry that our anniversary landed on prime hunting or fishing dates. I knew I was only getting married once, so I was going to do it right.

Good luck on the hunt Glen. I'm heading out on the 1st--------solo, so there's nobody to blame but myself if something goes wrong.

Kmassaro
09-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Whipped man walking!!!!

CCH
09-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Wouldn't think of a fall wedding for that reason unless she's into hunting too (why create conflict in advance?) But six months of dating trumping hunting and even being a big deal to begin with??? Whoo boy.

brian88
09-30-2009, 10:22 AM
yeah, anyone who gets married in the fall may as well say goodbye to hunting

disillusionedpatriot
09-30-2009, 12:11 PM
"...six month anniversary..."

The relationship hasn't even started yet, and she's making it hard for him to get out and hunt? If he breeds with her, he's toast.

No kidding. What about the 10,000 minute anniversary..., ad nauseum.

Dude needs to comb his hair again and find someone else.

brian88
10-04-2009, 01:18 PM
good luck i hope you come back with some great pics and a good story