PDA

View Full Version : No need for guns...

CCH
09-14-2009, 07:47 AM
when on the trail, just carry a big stick. Okay, a gun would have been nice because this guy wouldn't be out there any more.

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_13331778

David in OR
09-14-2009, 08:36 AM
I'd've shot him, but good on those women for fighting him off.

obscurious ronin
09-15-2009, 06:17 AM
another victory for the anti-gunners. not only are the ladies safe, having defended themselves in a non-lethal manner, but so is the attacker who can now seek counseling for whatever childhood trauma caused him to be so nasty.

either that, or go cut up and kill someone else..and continue doing so until he's either caught or SHOT TO DEATH.

CCH
09-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Volunteers to dress in drag and take turns hiking the trail? ;) I don't view it as a victory for the anti-gunners but for those women who avoided harm by fighting back. Yeah, he got away but so did they. Hopefully that set the example to fight back. Oh, and it might make some people think twice about going unarmed because they aren't all going to count on sticks for defense. That's a victory for us.

obscurious ronin
09-15-2009, 06:52 PM
i was being sarcastic...my point was that the anti-gunners argue that it's wrong for people to carry guns with which to defend themselves and could readily argue "see? you don't need a gun. you can defend yourself with a stick." and the result being that this jerk-off is now free to try again to cut women up, rape, kill, whatever his motive was...the point being that if these ladies had been carrying, this scumbag would be off the streets for good...instead, he's still out there waiting to do some real harm...

one911emergency
09-25-2009, 06:52 AM
You guys are dodging the real issue here. We need a federal ban on walking sticks. I mean do you have many people that walking sticks kill a year; look at the statistics!! Did you know that if someone has a walking stick in their house that they're 1000 times more likely to kill a family member with it. I just find it absolutely abhorrent that these two women would use such a insidiously evil weapon to attack this innocent man with. I just hope the low life, scum bag piece of trash that unknowingly stumbled upon these two evil women wasn't injured in the scuffle.

No, really in all seriousness I think it's great that these two women were able to fight this guy off but what about the other women that get put into similar situations and aren't so lucky? It's not my place to say whether this man should live or die but the guy was in a mask (which clearly shows intent), and had a knife in his hands!! If there was no where/no time to run, you produced weapon and stated in no uncertain terms that he should stop and he didn't you would have no other alternative but to shoot him. It's called self defense. If the man dies as a result of the wounds you inflicted with the intention of stopping him, that's unfortunate but that's why you don't go around with a hockey mask on trying to stab women.

I think these two women got lucky. Had the attacker been more determined he could have quite easily killed the two women.

CCH
09-25-2009, 07:58 AM
Good point on the control of walking sticks. The problem will be black market ones. We'll have to raze the forests in order to eliminate the source.

Since this just got bumped, I'll post the latest news form the Post this morning. Our erstwhile attacker was arrested and is off the streets for the time being.