PDA

View Full Version : Anybody go to the Colorado Wildlife Commission meeting?

M Paulsen
09-14-2009, 07:37 AM
The Denver Post reported some interesting things yesterday, but with very little detail. The Commissioners rejected making the Gunnison areas totally limited (yippeee!). More exciting perhaps is the plan to open 20% of licenses for high-preference point limited areas to a random draw for anybody that has 5 or more points. Also making archery licenses limited. Again, details are few.

Gregdoo
09-15-2009, 06:29 PM
I didn't attend and I'm not sure what actually transpired, but here is a link to the proposals and approved items:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/WildlifeCommission/Archives/2009/September102009.htm

At the bottom of the page under the "Post Meeting Documents" link, I would expect to see the rest of the approved documents show up soon. There are two there now, Mt. Lions and Artifical Light. I'm waiting to see if the approved Big Game Five Year Season Structure is close to the proposals that are linked to. Most proposals, the way written, seem to match the sentiments of the folks present at an earlier "public information/opinion meeting" I attended.

I would also expect DOW to have a press release on their site soon with many of the major points included. Not one there yet.