PDA

View Full Version : Possible to hook waistbelt to G2 malice claymore?

KDOG
09-11-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm sitting here looking at the back side of the malice claymore with all those webbing straps and 4 malice clips and I'm thinking theres got to be a way to hook a waistbelt to all that to use the claymore as a buttpack. Anyone else thought of this? I'm already trying to look at the pics of the additional shoulder strap that I ordered and seeing if I could to it with that. Of course the padded portion would be in front. Seems like it would be a good modification....

cpti
09-11-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm sitting here looking at the back side of the malice claymore with all those webbing straps and 4 malice clips and I'm thinking theres got to be a way to hook a waistbelt to all that to use the claymore as a buttpack. Anyone else thought of this? I'm already trying to look at the pics of the additional shoulder strap that I ordered and seeing if I could to it with that. Of course the padded portion would be in front. Seems like it would be a good modification....

I've hooked a G2 Malice claymore to a Kifaru belt. Malice clips through the extreme end loops goes right into the belt. I never had any shoulder straps to try, but I imagine you could easily rig it to work. Not sure you could put enough load into a claymore to warrant straps, however.

Mike

Ralph
09-11-2009, 09:12 PM
A couple of years ago I made an adapter plate, sort of a mini version of the OmniYoke for just that purpose. A lightly padded rectangle with the belt attachment on one side and a PALS grid on the other, with buckles for the delta straps. Worked well, but I think I gave it to someone and never made another. It is fairly simple to make. If you have a pack with the Omni-suspension you can get all the measurements from that.

AndyL
09-12-2009, 01:46 AM
I've attached an emdom fattie (very similar size) to an unpadded belt using some slotted quick release buckles.