PDA

View Full Version : military handgun gun bearer

spoolup
09-09-2009, 03:47 PM
It appears the website page for the military gunbearers is down, and I just received my EMR with goodies to include the handgun bearer. Hopefully someone can assist me on installing it. The packs belt has the standard 2 rows of molle webbing (standard meaning space in the middle). The gun bearer has 2 rows of webbing however there is no gap. Does one just weave the first row of molle like usual and just secure it, or do you weave the first row, and just follow the weave thru the belt on the 2nd row, so it can not slip around? The 2nd option seems correct, but just wanted to check.

I know I seen pictures for this before, but am now confused. I bet I am making it harder than it should be.

Thanks in advance.

kemp707
09-28-2009, 12:09 AM
It appears the website page for the military gunbearers is down, and I just received my EMR with goodies to include the handgun bearer. Hopefully someone can assist me on installing it. The packs belt has the standard 2 rows of molle webbing (standard meaning space in the middle). The gun bearer has 2 rows of webbing however there is no gap. Does one just weave the first row of molle like usual and just secure it, or do you weave the first row, and just follow the weave thru the belt on the 2nd row, so it can not slip around? The 2nd option seems correct, but just wanted to check.

I know I seen pictures for this before, but am now confused. I bet I am making it harder than it should be.

Thanks in advance.

I believe there are some videos on you tube for how to set it up. If you cant get to them via a link somewhere here in the forums just do a search in you tube for kifaru videos and it should pop up.

spoolup
09-28-2009, 04:58 AM
I believe there are some videos on you tube for how to set it up. If you cant get to them via a link somewhere here in the forums just do a search in you tube for kifaru videos and it should pop up.

The video shows the combat long gun and the hunting bearer which all mount differntly than the military handgun, but I am sure I figured it out, I have tried a bladetech and a safepacker and both were sercured during a hike. Looks like the link on the site is still down.... Thank you for the advise regardless. They are putting together some NICE videos to help with their product line. Nothing like seeing it to get the point across, you know.

kemp707
09-28-2009, 01:18 PM
That they are! I really liked the AG video.... before that I wasnt even looking at them... at all. Now Im toying around with the AG1 but cant bring myself to buy something that was specifically designed for something I wont ever use (armor)

I thought at the very end of the gun bearer video that he briefly described how to set up the combat bearer. I think it was literally the last 30-45 seconds. Sorry... my brain is a bit fuzzy. Too many videos all crammed into late night screenings.

I'm sure I'll be in the same boat as you once I make my purchase. One of the main things that got me seriously looking at Kifaru products was their gunbearer settup. So its one of the things that WILL be purchased once I decide on which bag. A very nice system indeed!!!