PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute...Back Pouch same size as E&E?

KDOG
09-07-2009, 06:53 PM
From the specs its the same size and actually has 50 CI more room. Is there a pic of the other side? It would be cool if there was a way to rig straps on it....

DavidLewis
09-07-2009, 08:35 PM
If I recall correctly, the E & E is a modified version of the Back Pouch, adding straps & tuck-away D & L capability. They were, at least at one time, the same capacity. That may have changed with G2.

David

rhunter424
09-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Maybe without the map pocket, the back pouch gets a small 50 cubic inches more?

Ralph
09-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Patrick developed the E&E from the back pocket as a result of suggestions by a few of us some years ago to add an attachment point for shoulder straps so the back pocket could be used as a neat day/E&E pack. I suspect that to make the finished size identical, the back slot pocket of the E&E does take up a small amount of capacity.

KDOG
09-08-2009, 04:40 AM
Think there is a way to rig straps on it?

Ralph
09-08-2009, 05:07 AM
You would need a couple of feet of 2" and 1" webbing, 2-2" trilocks, 2-1" loops, 2-1" tri-bar buckles, and 2-1" oval metal tri-slides. Then assemble and sew up two shoulder straps. Sewing the 2" trilocks to the top shouldn't be too much of a problem, but sewing the 1" loops to the bottom would be. That is, if you are using a machine. The problem is getting the areas that have to be sewn to under the machine head. In fact, you may have to hand sew the components to the pocket.

So yes, it can be done. On the other hand, there are side loops that allow adding a padded single shoulder strap to carry the bag as a musette bag and that may be the easiest approach.

spoolup
09-08-2009, 06:31 AM
As for the straps, instead of a backpack approach with the back pouch, buy the K Padded Sling and toss it over the shoulder like a man bag.

https://www.kifaru.net/xcart/catalog/Padded-Shoulder-Sling-p-16253.html

BigSky
09-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Same size and 50CI more capacity. I'm sorry but that made me laugh out loud immediately upon reading it.

steveb
09-30-2009, 06:17 AM
50 ci is only the volume of a Rubiks cube (not much more than a baseball). For all the trouble, your better off just getting the E&E if you want straps.