PDA

View Full Version : Actual wait time for new order?

KDOG
09-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey all, like a kid waiting for Christmas I can't wait for my order to come in ( a foliage malice claymore and matching strap). I know the site says 6-8 weeks ( argh ). Does it really take that long? Or can I lucky and get it before I leave for Gettysburg, PA vacation on Oct. 6th? The angst of waiting is driving my nuts. I don't want them to rush it at the expense of quality of course. I sent them an email asking them so I hope to hear back from them soon. Any idea?

Akilae
09-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Order wait times are pretty spot on for me. Usually if it's early it'll be early by about a week or so, but that's been rare for me.

spoolup
09-06-2009, 06:38 AM
On 7/20 I ordered:
G2 EMR/ XTL- foliage
G2 E&E- foliage
Organizer- foliage
2X Long pocket top zip hybrid- foliage
GPS malice- foliage
(OOPS forgot this) Stash-it- foliage
#10 lock-n-load
holster adapter
set of pull outs

Expected ship date was 8/31, items shipped 9/3, tracking says Tuesday for delivery... took the week off of work.

I have only ordered from Kifaru 3 times now, and they were +/- 7 days from the expected ship date, which is great CS to me, more so for what they deliver. I am use to waiting... had a 4 month wait on a RMJ Shrike, still waiting on the 3rd Vec Hawk ordered 7/2 (but his hawks are GREAT, lightweight, multi-use tool, still want 2 more). A coworker is at 15 months for a Lee reeves Nessmuk doublebit curly maple. I am thinking about ordering one and a coal creek tomahawk as well.... If I only had more money.

The Kifaru order before was a small one, G2 Woobie. Ordered 7/6, exp ship of 7/20, received it on 7/20, shipped a few days prior, I just never checked. If my management stops screwing around I will have a 6man/ liner/ net/ stove maybe a sleeping bag on order soon and a few other little things soon.

rt014
09-06-2009, 07:41 AM
After they email you a pdf of the invoice...look at the expected ship date. It is usually pretty spot on. My last order was the only one that came a little later....(also expected to ship on 8/31, but instead shipped 9/2. So I'm also waiting for a Tuesday delivery of a bunch of packlock clothing).

jadias
09-06-2009, 10:48 AM
When I ordered a pair of Mini Longs recently I was told the estimate ship time for pockets and pouches is about 4 weeks. That was pretty spot-on, too - my package spent TWO GODDAMN WEEKS sat in customs, but Kifaru themselves shipped it out right on time. The wait time on packs is still 6-8 weeks, to my knowledge (it jumped to 8-10 weeks when the G2 line came out but has probably dropped by now, right?).

To quote the email I received when I asked this very question:

Any accessory items are always dated for 4 weeks, but if we should happen to
have them in stock, we will always send them out sooner than that.

spoolup
09-06-2009, 12:07 PM
The wait time on packs is still 6-8 weeks, to my knowledge (it jumped to 8-10 weeks when the G2 line came out but has probably dropped by now, right?).

In the above timeline on my stuff above from order to ship would be 6 weeks 3 days. So it appears to have dropped, even with the popular as hell Foliage.

Sucks to hear your stuff sat at customs so long. Not this last time I was overseas but the time before my package mailed to myself thru USPS (base to home) took 3 months to show up, this last time, I mailed it 2 days before I left and it beat me home! I was surprised, was not expecting it for a while.

KDOG
09-06-2009, 03:17 PM
DANG. So I won't have it before my camping trip. Oh well. I'll have for next time. Can't wait to get my grubby paws on it....The it will be time for an E&E....if I can only get that TT EDP sold!

jadias
09-06-2009, 05:40 PM
I'd consider the Claymore a pouch, so you might. If they happened to have one ready-made, then definitely. Hold out hope (but don't bank on it, heh)!

KDOG
09-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Argh. Looks like it won't make it by the time I leave. The invoice I got says the expected ship date is Oct. 2cnd and I leave the morning of the 6th. Oh well. I really am more concerned with the build quality than getting it sooner. I hope its perfect when I get it.

Steel314
09-09-2009, 10:32 PM
I just placed an order for a FG MOLLEX and E&E. The wait time on the invoice right now is exactly six weeks.

jadias
09-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Argh. Looks like it won't make it by the time I leave. The invoice I got says the expected ship date is Oct. 2cnd and I leave the morning of the 6th. Oh well. I really am more concerned with the build quality than getting it sooner. I hope its perfect when I get it.

I've had stuff turn up at my door on the dispatch date they gave me, and it had to travel across the Atlantic to get there. Don't fret - if there's 4 days between that date and you leaving, you might well get it. :)

Pointshoot
09-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Of course, like everyone else, often I don't think about new gear until right before the hunting season. I've got to mark my computer calendar & put in a reminder for next time - when I order a new pack. (I ended up ordering something else one year because I waited too long. Actually I had marked my calendar, but the old computer crashed & I lost all the data. I forgot all about placing an order early till it was too late. A very good reminder to always back up your data ! ) Kifaru has been very helpful in speeding up delivery on small items needed for an upcoming trip that didn't need to be fitted to me, though. As the former manufacturing manager for a company, I can appreciate that 'just one small item' can be difficult to instantly ship when it is one of many items on a production schedule. - - Enjoy your new gear ! :)

KDOG
09-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Well, I got my fingers crossed that it shows up in time....even sooner would be fantastic so I could have a chance to configure it "just right". Angie is the one who emailed me, asking me when my trip was which was very nice. I don't expect them to bump anyone elses order - especially a US soldiers' - for my little claymore and strap. I'm just a big 37yo kid who wants his new gadget/stuff as soon as I can get it. LOL....