PDA

View Full Version : O.K. you got me!

ppfd
09-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Received my first Kifaru product. G1 X Ray in CB.

WOW! is really all I can say! I honestly thought boy thats a lot of money for a pack(s). Maybe one day. Found a good deal on this one.

Well order is going out for a belt and some add ons this week!!

I do need help though. My cat "hit" on the bag as soon as I unboxed it. I soon noticed a slight smell of urine on the bottom, most likely cat urine. What can I do about it? My wife says "Fabreeze" it. Any recommendations?

Ralph
09-05-2009, 12:16 PM
I always knew there must be some reason why I was never interested in owning a cat.

ppfd
09-05-2009, 01:55 PM
I should re phase this, my cat did not urinate on it. I received it with a urine smell and my cat picked up the sent quick. I went ahead and sprayed some frabreeze on it.

docw
09-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Someone had this same issue a couple years ago I think and it was addressed. Maybe Mel or someone else knows where the thread is.

Kill the cat.

ppfd
09-05-2009, 02:20 PM
LOL

My wife and daughter would pack my body in the xray!

Actually I can't complain too bad on the cat. She makes more kills in the wild than me!!

seadug
09-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I had a similar problem with a tent.

http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=6296

rick82gm
09-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I had a similar issue with my marauder. I took all external / internal pockets off, removed the aluminum frame stays, and unraveled all compression straps. I put the entire pack in the washing machine using very little and diluted Tide soap on the gentle cycle with extra rinses using cold water. I hung the pack up to dry and in a day it was as good as new. No discoloration and no smell. Good luck

ppfd
09-15-2009, 08:56 AM
I ended up washing the straps in the wife's lingerie bag! Sprayed the bag a few times with frabreeze and let it hang on outside for a day or so. Seemed to take care of the smell.

noflushbandit
09-15-2009, 09:08 AM
I have had a lot of luck cleaning pet smells with a product you can get at petco/petsmart. They are pretty mild and do a number on the vomit/urine stains/smells. If what you tried doesnt work, take a ride down there and check out i think its called oxy solutions. I have used it on carpets and in my car too and it hasnt done any damage. I would test a small area first, but that stuff has worked miracles for me.

PS i do not work for them, but have had a sick dog who has made for some messy cleanups, and that was the only thing that worked for me!