PDA

View Full Version : Gore Optifade Camo

steveb
09-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Anyboby try this stuff yet? Supposed to be designed with an ungulates vision in mind (elk, deer, antelope, etc.- they can only see blue, yellow and shdes of grey). It's a digital type pattern that looks kind of similar in color to a wet/darkend ACU pattern, but different patterns. Foliage gear should go very well with it. Check it out at optifade.com.

OLDGOAT
09-03-2009, 03:25 PM
I have had the chance to use it.
I bought the Sitka Accent pants and gaiters in optifade. Good stuff all around for what I do. Even in the VERY green temperate rainforest of Southeast AK. It is specifically good in the rocky alpine areas.
In regards to how it works on game: I had a 3X3 buck at 3yrds that did not mind me being there too much. The end result was the buck casually walked away. Granted, I was only wearing the pants with a green fleece top, so maybe not so good of a test.

Good luck!

NXP
09-04-2009, 09:09 PM
I've seen it running around Cabelas, first thought was unimpressive - the pattern reminded me of those terrible sweaters your Aunt would give you for Christmas. The more I looked at it, the more it started to grow on me. It's definitely different, but very modern with the current trend of digital camo.

AFA I know, Sitka's got the rights locked up (similar to the MM pattern, but that eventually was released on it's own from MM) from Gore. Shame, as much as I like the pattern and some of Sitka's clothing I refuse to spend what they're asking. A Vietnamese made windbreaker should not cost 200$.

Wouldn't mind a Kifaru pack/pod in Optifade though! :)

NXP

Wanderlustr
09-04-2009, 09:53 PM
I have some pieces from Sitka with it and I am impressed. I think of the three or so styles of camo I have had laying around camp I loose those optifade ones more often.:D
I my be a sucker for (http://www.optifade.com/hunting-gear/page/how-science-of-concealment.html) marketing but it does seem to break-up the form very well.

Scoutin' Wyo
09-04-2009, 10:01 PM
A Vietnamese made windbreaker should not cost 200$.

NXP

Don't forget,,, Sitka has turned that imported wind breaker into "gear". ;)

pztaylor
09-06-2009, 09:03 AM
I'll second the anger at the exorbitant cost.

Kmassaro
09-07-2009, 07:42 PM
I have no problem with the cost. My ASAT Sitka gear is excellent, both for quality and for usefulness.

I just ordered some Optifade Sitka gear, and I just hope it works as well as claimed. If so, it's worth the money. If not, well, it's only $200, not life or death.

Mattb
09-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I think the camo has promise. It is geared toward not catching ungulate's eyes rather than catching hunter's eyes, so time will tell as to its popularity.

The SG I have has performed well to date, with the fit and materials being the value rather than the camo per se.

As far as cost, I see value in quality so cost alone doesn't drive my buying decisions. If it did, I certainly wouldn't be hanging around the Kifaru web site (very analogous product positioning in its respective market to SG).