PDA

View Full Version : Marauder - Favorite Lock and Load Configs?

steveb
09-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Marauder owners, what are some of your favorite internal configurations of the Lock and Load pouches? I'm considering the Marauder for a 'non-wilderness' travel pack (car camping, cabins, RV, etc.). I like the panel access and organizational possibilities for these purposes.

straps
09-02-2009, 10:55 AM
On panel: 2x mesh #8s across the top, 525D #5 beneath.

On inside body of pack: USUALLY a mesh #7 across the top, SOMETIMES A mesh #2 across the top, either a 525D #5 or mesh #2 below (winter; lightweight hardshell, beanie, gloves).

The upper pockets rarely move, the lowers change for the working environment--or are removed completely.

Coyote 525D #4 off frame common loops for "personal" paperwork and reading. Green 525D #4 off lid common loops for frequently accessed "mission" paperwork and "professional" reading. These two pockets move among whatever pack I'm using and make a decent field filing system.

Pics would be nice but this should make sense...

steveb
09-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Absolutely does, thanks again Straps for your informed response.

gdw042
09-03-2009, 01:03 PM
On panel, 4 L&L #1's accross the top, with 2 mesh #8's below them. I've messed with a number of configurations and this one is the one I keep coming back to. I can get at the contents of the #1's by opening the main zipper just a bit. I keep small things like my earplugs, ibuprofen, headlamp, pens, tea bags and flavored water packets, batteries, etc. in them. I keep bigger things like my belt holster, deck of cards, small boo-boo kit, stuff like that in the #8's

I've used some of the various other L&L's on the inside panel, but for what I'm doing with it right now, which is actually using it as a 3-4 day pack, go figure, I'm running it bare. I have to pack clothing mainly in it and I have found that it works better for me with no L&L's at the moment. I put my reading material in the flat pocket on the panel, my Woobie and toiletry kit in one Long Pocket, my little hot water maker and mug and misc stuff in the other, and strap my sleeping bag underneath. (I use the sleeping bag as a bedsheet and the Woobie as a blanket. Works great.)

I did just get an Eagle admin pouch off a board member and added it to the front of my Maruader. Gives me a velcro panel for patches and a pouch for small things without impeding the ability to D&L my E&E when I need to. I think I like it, have not used it much as of yet.

So, that's mine. Again, A pic would be best, but you get the idea. :-)

GDW