PDA

View Full Version : MMR Thoughts

cpt/en/ca
09-19-2003, 10:55 AM
I am now leaning towards the MMR instead of the EMR. My modified Large ALICE doesn't hold everything. I am guessing with the modifications and counting the external pockets, it comes in around 5800-6000 ci. Here is what I am considering:

1. MMR (4200 ci)
2. Marauder, low mounted on MMR (2000 ci)
3. Two side pockets high mounted on MMR (1300 ci)
4. Back pouch mounted high above the Marauder (1050 ci)

that brings it up to 8550 ci.

Question:

Will long pockets or clamore pouches fit on the side, low mount, with the above scenario?

Any thoughts, especially from guys who have made the MMR/EMR decision?

Anyone with pictures of this setup would be held in highest regard and utmost esteem.

Thanks

copper
09-19-2003, 12:00 PM
Just a thought,

You might want to consider an EMR/Scout setup with one claymore pouch. The MMR lacks the expanding snow collar. The emr will go to over 7000 cu in with ease. It also comes with two long pockets 650 cu in each.

I had the same dilemna because I didn't think the emr would comress down enough. IT DOES!!!! Also, I have wore the Scout,claymore,longpockets, as one unit and the ride is perfect. Just seems like you might get a wider spectrum of pack volume this way. You would also max at 10,500 cu in if my math is right.

I have a pointman which I did piggyback to the emr once just to see. The system is rock solid as Kifaru guarantees, but for me, it did pull my center of gravity back quite a bit.

PS: emr/scout combo probably won't fit a back pouch but it will fit the claymore pouch.

Hope this helps.

Copper

Moloch38
09-19-2003, 04:36 PM
10,500cu????????

My knees say ouch!

Nimbo
09-22-2003, 07:32 AM
You guys must feel a need to break some backs. You could haul a family of four in any of these packs your talking about.....

Mind you I want something like that one day too....

Mel
09-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Cpt:

With that set-up that you described, you cannot mount a Back Pouch above a low mounted piggybacked Marauder. Long Pockets or Claymore Pouch won't work on lower sides, but 2qt/Utility pouches will.

Mel

eggroll
09-22-2003, 04:38 PM
with all that, why NOT go back to the EMR??
How much stuff do you plan on humping around?
/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif egg