PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Kifaru

ppfd
08-29-2009, 02:36 PM
So after all these years of hanging with the in crowd I finally found a good deal on a Kifaru pack.

G1 X Ray in CB, no belt.

So I'm going with an unpadded PP with pals belt, and a #10 lock n load.

Now the question, I'm going to add a set of pull outs as well. The price is $42.00 for 4 pull outs, is this one of each size? And which material are most of the pouches ordered made from? For the cost these are kind of a hidden treasure in the K. line!

25C
08-29-2009, 10:21 PM
So after all these years of hanging with the in crowd I finally found a good deal on a Kifaru pack.

G1 X Ray in CB, no belt.

So I'm going with an unpadded PP with pals belt, and a #10 lock n load.

Now the question, I'm going to add a set of pull outs as well. The price is $42.00 for 4 pull outs, is this one of each size? And which material are most of the pouches ordered made from? For the cost these are kind of a hidden treasure in the K. line!

I don't work for Kifaru, but I just ordered the 4-pouch set and yes, it is one of each size. I got mine in ultralight (CB) but they can also be ordered in mesh or packcloth (500D? Don't recall..I have a set of those in FG also...)

adi
08-29-2009, 10:32 PM
If I may add,

their compression sacks are amazing too. I used my medium one to compress either my tent, sleeping, down jacket or other (soft) gear I don't need in a hurry. The way it compresses, fits and save space in a pack beats almost any ordinary compression sack.

Something for a thought. :)

Brotzie
08-30-2009, 12:38 AM
We've got loads of PullOuts (lost count!) because they're just so darn useful.

Most all of them are the hunting variant - black mesh with orange zip pulls, much easier to find in poor light.

We've also got a couple of XL ultralight ones, made out of tipi material, which we use to stow our kayaking shoes. Whilst you wouldn't be able to fit a pair of boots in a PullOut, your camp shoes or whatever will fit and they're a durable yet lightweight solution to keep everything else clean & dry.