PDA

View Full Version : NRA mag with Kifaru pack

Sandbrew
08-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Anyone else notice the Kifaru pack and gunbearer in the full page picture on page 96 of the latest American Hunter?

No mention of the pack but a good story about mt goat hunting to get me pumped for my 4th season Colo goat hunt.

Sandbrew

one-eyed Bob
08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Do you recognize the hiking staff, tripod, shooting stick that he is carrying? It looks like a useful device.

Cleve
08-19-2009, 10:50 AM
I haven't seen the article, but did recently see a TV show on Versus with Ron Spomer hunting Mt Goat in BC (or Yukon?). He was carrying a LongHunter with his rifle in a GunBearer. Interestingly when it came time to retrieve the trophy the guide took the pack and did the climbing to get there and left Spomer and cameraman behind. May have been the smart choice, I wasn't there so what do I know? But for me it'd sure be tough to sit that out and not contribute.

one-eyed Bob
08-20-2009, 06:47 PM
In the article he says they tried to follow but it became too steep to follow a mountain man so they relented. I believe the hiking stick is a bipod with a tripod head on it, perhaps for the cameraman friend.