PDA

View Full Version : Whats in your "standard" chamber pocket?

rhunter424
08-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Hopefully everyone on these forums know that every Kifaru pack comes with a chamber pocket. I'm interested in what you guys put in them or if you're using them at all. I was digging through my gear bin the other day and realized I had 3 in there I wasn't even using on some of my packs.

I'm currently not using the chamber pocket on my ZXR, or E&E's. All my small items go in my XTL, and the chamber pocket seemed to get in the way on my G1 E&E. So I didn't leave it on my G2 E&E.

My scout (used primarily as a biking pack now) has 25ft paracord, 2 glowsticks, multitool, camelbak elixir, 4 CR123A Batteries, and 3 wet wipes.

And last but not least, my Mollex chamber pocket has a glowstick in it...:rolleyes:

one-eyed Bob
08-15-2009, 06:57 PM
glasses, wallet, car keys, pen, hunting license.

Brotzie
08-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Day-to-day work EDC, it has my iPod (and a USB charger lead) stowed in it - I have a Roberts Robi DAB/FM radio/remote (http://www.buydigitalradio.com/store/en/view_product/15/2681/) run out of it onto my shoulder strap:

http://www.aqcheckout.com/content/images/products/500/2681_500_1.jpg

On away trips, I carry toothbrush, razor & my other personal hygiene items in one of my chamber pockets.

Out in the field, it has all my small items I want to be able to find in the dark - TP. leatherman, chemlight, whatever.

jadias
08-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Small - wash kit:
- Flannel
- Soap
- Shower gel
- Toothbrush
- Toothpaste
- Contact lenses

Small - odd stuff:
- Batteries (AA and CR123a)
- Folding knife (either Spyderco UK Pen Knife or Strider SnG depending on where I am)
- Bug spray
- Sun lotion
- Lip balm
- More stuff like this

Large - electronics:
- Solio charger in padded case
- Point-and-shoot digital camera and charger/leads
- iPod Shuffle

I never thought of using the one that came with my Express as a wash kit, but everything fits perfectly inside one. It's awesome.

Last time I went traveling, I hung my wash kit in the top of the Express, and my electronics stuff in the bottom. Worked really well. The chamber pocket system is so versatile, I'm tempted to buy some more.

Thommo
08-18-2009, 02:50 AM
I also seem to have acquired 1/2 doz of these animals over recent times.
I have usually have several of them "layered" on the inside panel of my X-ray.
Individually they carry:
1. Navigation gear: Compass, map markers, and some admin gear including Petzl "E-Light".
2. Repair gear: rescue tape, wire, cord, cable ties, a leatherman etc. etc.
3. Survival gear: Blast-match, wet fire tinder, signal mirror, space blanket.
4. Back up munchies: Protein bar, glucose tabs, jerky & fisherman's friends.
5. Extended mission/safety; spare batts, additional illumination (nite ize "spots") search/tactical flashlight.
(My FAK, primary knife and illumination live in the top pocket on the lid)
The beauty of using the chambers this way is that I can swap them out easily for different mission specific tasks.

I also have another of these animals inside my XTL on top of my ZXR.
This one contains my repair/survival tin, rescue tape and spare cordage.

So yes mine get regular use.............:D

Chucker
08-18-2009, 11:33 AM
I also use mine for EDC in my X-Ray. Because of the organization capability of the host pack, I don't need to stuff as much into my standard chamber pocket. I use mine for a mini boo-boo kit: band aids, hand sanitizer, Motrin, Tylenol, Advil, Gold Bond foot powder, dental floss, and medic shears.

Blades
08-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Snacks, a small knife, a laynard, and I think a few ranger rubber bands. Not much.

Jason