PDA

View Full Version : "Sash Stash" idea....

lmalterna
08-14-2009, 06:31 AM
Now looking for someone interested in making this as a one off?
Use: A secure way to carry cash, CC, cell, digi camera, passport and other small documents while traveling.
Mode of Wear: As a sash with a clip/velcro loop to attach to pant/belt at lowest point.

Advantage: Light and easy on/off. Secure and protected from thieves by being located on chest, removes "sneak thieves chance at picking a pocket. Does not interfere with pack or equipment belt if needed and does not bind on sitting. If someone slashes the strap on the back, you still retain your items due to belt attachment.

Construction:
3" light webbing. 1 thickness on back. Two thickness on front of body. upper 1/2 on front is sewn along bottom seam but velcro holds together top seam. A sort section of rubberized "grip strip" on contact surface over shoulder.
Doubled section has Molle webbing running Across the belt- not lengthwise.
Upper section using veclro has sewn partitions in upper section for CC, cash, prescription meds.... small flat items.
Molle lower section would allow use of existing pouches for items like wallet,passport, poncho,cell phone, digi camera, first aid or what have you.

Thanks,
2Door

Plodder
08-17-2009, 05:26 AM
http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444261 9347&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302861417&bmUID=1250508338615

lmalterna
08-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Plodder,
Thanks for that. While wtill not exactly what I want, it is closer than anything else I have found.

There was a time I made mock ups and had nylon sewn but time escapes me now...

Thanks,
Bill