PDA

View Full Version : Capacity

wookieJS
09-16-2003, 04:08 PM
Hey all jst curious before i leap if anyone offhand knows how much a USGI large Alice olds in cubic inches i'm thinking of buying a kifaru but i'm just cuious how much one holds compraed to one of the Kifaru's so as to do as little damage possible to my bank account. I plan on dong this buy finding a Kifaru with compareable space and augmenting it with add onpockets if just shy of the same size as an ALICE. Any comments would be appreciated.

Chewy

"Only 2 sorts of people hunt others with the express intent of killing. The 1st are criminals, who society tries to keep a lid on. The 2nd are Infantrymen."

militarymoron
09-16-2003, 04:46 PM
approx 3800 ci as far as i know. someone correct me if this is wrong.
cheers,
MM

Moloch38
09-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Go Pointman or MMR, if you are looking for one that is not a panel loader, if not then go with the Navigator.

Once you start adding pockets, then the sky's the limit on capacity.

wookieJS
09-16-2003, 11:42 PM
It's not that i don't trust Kifaru's Zippers on the Navigator buuuuuuut you know how it is after you've hada few blow out on you on other packs and how muh of a pain in the Rear it is the rest of the time your in the field. i'm leaning Toward the pointman, but i like the MMR too. But i think i could get by with a pointman as long as i ass pouches to it

wookieJS
09-17-2003, 02:00 AM
Also just had another thought have any of you ever used the pointman in place of your rucksack, for you know as far as you field pack. The only reason i ask is how much of the crap you had to carry n the field fit into the pointman. I'm leaning toward the pointman cause it's just cheaper, but you can make it have as much space as a MMR just by adding pockets.

Chewy

"Only 2 sorts of people hunt other with the express intent of killing. The 1st are Criminals who society tries to keep a lid on, the 2nd are Infantrymen."

BuckarooMedic
09-17-2003, 08:08 AM
Chewy -

I bought a Navigator to replace my large modified ALICE ruck. It holds a bit more. I put a Back Pouch on it to carry my stove and fuel.This combo works great for me. I also have a Marauder that I use as a combination aid-bag and patrol pack. The zippers on both are top-notch and after six months of military use, neither show any sign of wear or tear. Actually, the packs still look new. Very tough material and construction.

I would say that the Navigator would be an excellant replacement for your ruck. If you hump alot, or tend to get alot of gear cross-loaded, get an MMR.

Hope this helps,

Take Care . . .