PDA

View Full Version : Price for CFP-90 pack?

Lab-Roamer
08-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I wondering if some of you military guys can help me put a price on a CFP-90 pack? I'm 99% sure its an authentic and not a replica. It's made by Specialty Plastic Products of PA, has the two loops on bottom, three rows of pals webbing?, side pockets and the US stamp on the bottom of the pack. According to the tag its a large. I've seen some of the other threads and one guy said maybe $600 on Ebay? That seems nuts to me but would cover the cost of my new MMR.

Thanks

25C
08-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I wondering if some of you military guys can help me put a price on a CFP-90 pack? I'm 99% sure its an authentic and not a replica. It's made by Specialty Plastic Products of PA, has the two loops on bottom, three rows of pals webbing?, side pockets and the US stamp on the bottom of the pack. According to the tag its a large. I've seen some of the other threads and one guy said maybe $600 on Ebay? That seems nuts to me but would cover the cost of my new MMR.

Thanks

I think that's only if you're willing to ship to Asia and accept all the potential problems associated with that. I haven't seen them go for more than around $150.00 or so in surplus stores. Are you certain it has PALS webbing? The one I had before had ALICE webbing...

straps
08-09-2009, 03:45 AM
The most sought after CFP-90 is the one manufactured by Lowe Alpine. Worth is dependent on condition and completeness (detachable lid assault pack thingie).

The Lowe is valued for its suspension, which unfortunately did not hold up well under the stresses inflicted by the common soldier (you were supposed to lift it by the handles, not the shoulder straps). Subsequent manufacturers engineered Lowe's elegance out when they "soldier-proofed" the shoulder straps.

Don't know about MOLLE. My Woodland Camo Lowe CFP-90 has ALICE webbing on it.

The MOLLE pack with lineage value is the Gregory SPEAR pack.

$600? Probably NIB, or maybe OD Green in new/nearly new condition. Used? Probably not.

Lab-Roamer
08-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the input.

Do you guys think starting out at $200 or $150 on the trading post would be a fair price?

25C
08-11-2009, 02:45 PM
$150 would probably be about right if you want to sell it...not sure you'll get many nibbles at $200...you *may* be able to get a little more if yours has the day pack that comes with it.

Lab-Roamer
08-11-2009, 04:07 PM
It does have the day pack.

25C
08-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Well, if it's all brand new, you *might* be able to get $200 for the set...have you checked the sold prices on ebay? That's a pretty good indicator...might post it on multiple forums also. I think most folks here are looking to get Kifaru gear, but might post it here anyway...

moonrunner1972
08-15-2009, 08:15 AM
I purchased mine from eBay (minus the assault pack) for about $20 including s&h. The Ft.Bragg area surplus stores sell them anywhere from $80-$180 depending on condition.