PDA

View Full Version : This Thread isn't Going How the OP Intended

disillusionedpatriot
08-06-2009, 01:02 PM
No doubt, but hey this isn't a laughing matter!

<rant>What the heck are they doing with underwear tags? Why can't they pay those third-world garmet workers an extra few cents per item to sew real tags on?

Maybe no one else here gets up in the dark with just some crappy headlamp to see by but I sort-of rely on tags to figure out what goes what way. A white label is a visible point of reference, so to speak. I just bought a damn package of Hanes underwear that has a thing that looks like a tag but is sewn on the outside front!!!! That's just the brand logo though. Then there is one of those printed-on size/material/washing instructions labels printed on the inside back.

Even my wife folded the underwear so that the brand logo label was nicely inside. This means of course that if I went by the label my underwear would have been on inside out and backwards. (And no I didn't, so shut up.)</rant>

rambler_wannabe
08-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Sorry, but it is a laughing manner. :D

two solutions:

1. Have your wife sew in little name labels in the back, just like Mom used to.
2. Go commando.

:)

snakey2
08-06-2009, 01:35 PM
I can envision Disillusionedpatriot in the back of all his skivies but the other is not a picture that I will let into my mind's eye.

Bushcraft
08-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I hate that printed on label stuff. After about the 3rd or 4th time through a hot dryer the worst type crinkles up, breaks down and becomes flaky and abrasive...think broken eggshell. Had this happen to me with some Cabela's MTP drawers I bought a few years ago. It's great fun to then forget about it and wear 'em on a backpacking trip and have the pressure from the lumbar pad slowly but surely wear a hole through through your skin.

Tracy
08-06-2009, 02:33 PM
From the perspective of someone who does the laundry in the household (not that any of you don't ;) ), once the tags get to the point Bushcraft described, you can't read them. I like to keep tabs on care instructions and fiber content. Not that your average joe cares about that, but isn't that one of the points of the tag to begin with? The brilliant government required clothing manufacturers to have such info attached (content, country of origin, care instructions), but what's the point if you can't read it? A conspiracy perhaps? They want us to believe it's important to know where our clothes are made, but want the evidence washed away quickly.

FlatbowMB
08-06-2009, 03:07 PM
... only 3 more weeks to archery deer season, meatpole threads & trip reports aren't too far away... hang in there everyone! :D